Fan Sign In Seoul

Start from the beginning

Namjoon POV 

When I grabbed her hand, I went numb for a moment. I couldn't feel anything except another heart beating next to mine, rhythmically and in tune with mine. The sensation only lasted for a  few seconds because it disappeared as suddenly as it came. There was no way I was going to let the poor girl walk through the crowd to get some fresh air. I doubt she would have made it halfway. It's cool backstage, freezing compared to the hall where the fan sign is going on in. I helped the girl to some water and carefully placed her on a chair. She still looked limp, as limp physically as I was feeling mentally. I think I'm going to call off this fan sign. I wonder what she saw that made her like this? She looks like a ghost just tapped in to her body suddenly. I leave her for a little bit after getting water.

"Are you okay now?", I quizzed softly.

"Yeah. Thanks for that.", she said gratefully, "I'm sorry for causing all that trouble."

"Don't be. I needed to call off this fan sign anyway. I wasn't feeling great.", I murmured. 

The other members walked in to the room. I'd already changed in to my sweat suit after calling off the fan sign and the other members decided to join me. They look worried and confused. I think we've got some explaining to do.

"Oh yeah. I never asked. What's your name?", I queried.

"Y/N.", she replied. 

Such a pretty name. The other members had sat down by now.

"Are you feeling okay?", Jungkook asked.

"Yeah I'm totally fine.", I started. "I think we owe you an explanation."

"Nah then.", Yoongi commented.

Jungkook shot Yoongi a look then said, "Please go on.", it was obvious he was trying to be a little bit more polite because of the unexpected guest.

"I'll explain. I was about to faint onstage. Namjoon helped me by bringing me here. Backstage I mean.", Y/N spoke with confidence.

Wow... that's kind of impressive. Not to be narcissistic or anything but most people here can't hold themselves together when they see us. Same with me, when I even thought about my idols growing up, their level seemed unreachable. But she's backstage and totally calm like the previous events that scared her didn't even happy. 

"Oohhh! Namjoon hyung got a soft spot!", Tae teased.

"It's nothing like that.", I said that for the sake of it. 

I knew I was denying it as I said it which is weird because I've known her for approximately ten minutes at the most but the feelings in me are totally foreign and unexplainable. But like sweet honey, addictive and I want more.

"Whatever. I'll leave you two to it.", Tae continues teasing. 

The others got the hint too. Talk about moral support...

"We'll be on our way then.", Hoseok announced, taking Jimin along with him. 

"I'm sleepy.", Yoongi moaned as he left. 

Then Jungkook and Jin left, leaving me and Y/N alone. 

"I'm not sure if I should be asking this but did you feel something when you touched me?", she boldly enquired. 

Exactly what I wanted to ask her.

"I felt it too.", I replied.

"Do you know what it was?", she asked.

"I've read about it somewhere. It's called soulmate bonding.", I blushed as I said it, "When you meet your soulmate, you usually bond either through seeing them or touching them. That's when you feel the second heartbeat. I think after that, you're officially bonded. Meaning if you got hurt, I'll be able to feel it subtly. Vice versa."

I heard her mumble something. Something like "Great. You too."

"So I'll take it that you believe in romantic chemistry.", she groaned.

"I guess."

"I'm sorry but could we change topics perhaps? I honestly thought it was just me feeling random things because of the headache."

"I just wanted to ask. Who did you see? I mean back there."

"Just someone I hope I'll never see again.", I didn't say anything, I wanted her to continue,"He's my ex."

"Oh."

"Yeah. The boy who came into my life, tore my heart out, ripped it up, trampled on it and left just as unexpectedly as he'd come.", she batted her eyes in annoyance and it made her look so pretty.

I'm still surprised she's not on full fan girl mode. I don't mean to sound obsessed with myself, seriously, but I thought that was the typical reaction. Guess it's not quite how she works. Though maybe it's meant to make me feel uncomfortable, I'm actually intrigued. It's surprising that she's accidentally tripped in to my life and presented me with a unique aura. 

"Well I'm sorry to hear that."

"Don't be. It's not your fault. I think I should start going. I'm from Busan and me and my best friend are here on holiday. She'll be waiting for me at our hotel."

"Would you like me to arrange a car for you?"

"Thanks but our hotel is just around the corner. I can get there myself."

"Wait. Are you staying at that tall one just there opposite the mall?"

"Yeah."

 I handed her a piece of paper with my number on it, "Here."

She opened it and looked at it before tucking it away in to her pocket. So nonchalant and so admirable.

"Thanks for everything. It's an honour honestly. Bye."

"Bye.", I said.

What a weird hour has passed. I want to learn more about her.