The Witcher - Geralt of Rivia

Start from the beginning

"I'm Myrcella Tyrell, first of my name, princess of Highgarden." Highgarden was a pretty isolated kingdom, it made sense to him that she did not know of Witchers, though Tyrells were known for being devils in angel disguises. Geralt was quiet for a while before speaking up again.

"A Tyrell? Highgarden is quite the trip from Blaviken, how did you get here?" The monotone way he spoke made Myrcella uneasy, though she was relieved that he sounded like he knew her kingdom. Or what had been her kingdom anyway.

"Our sorceress opened a portal for me to escape through, I rode most of the way.. but some of the men who managed to follow me through the portal shot my horse, so I ran the rest on my feet." She explained. Geralt looked down probably expecting a pair of shoes, but the only thing there were her bloodied, bruised and bare feet. And with her adrenalin levels falling, Myrcella suddenly became very aware of how much she really hurt and her feet burned, like she was walking on fire and broken glass.

"You need bandages." Geralt sighed exhaustedly in realisation of what he was about to do. Sometimes he really questioned if the logical and emotional parts of his brain communicated at all when he made decisions like this. "-I'll carry you to my horse, there is no need for you to walk and harm yourself further." Myrcella was about to protest against his monotone statement, but Geralt quickly and smoothly, like she weighed nothing more than but a feather to him, swooped her up in his arms and began walking. Too exhausted to attempt to protest, Myrcella decided to relax in this mountain of a man's arms instead. It was better like this anyway, she'd rather have him think she was some helpless princess, than reveal that she was actually closer to a warrior queen, like Calanthe the Lioness of Cintra.

"You're cold." Geralt stated as he sat her down on a stone near his horse before he walked to get bandages from his saddleback. "Well Highgarden is warm year round, so my clothes aren't fit for such low temperatures.. I'll be fine for now though, I can just buy some new ones in the next town, if you don't mind bringing me along with you that is?" The soft 'hm' that left his throat made Myrcella smile. "You are not much of a talker are you Geralt of Rivia?" In response she got a 'hm' and a bored expression.

"Hold this." Myrcella gasped as the bandages were shoved into her arms and Geralt squatted in front of her taking one of her feet into his hands and hereby also spreading her legs just sightly, enough to make Myrcella cough awkwardly at having been put in such a compromising position by a man. "Oh, uhm, I can do that myself. It's fine really." Her small delicate hand rested hesitantly on top of his bigger and rougher one on top of her ankle. He looked up at her with a raised eyebrow. Myrcella felt her cheeks get warm as he kept on just holding her gaze. "–It's fine." She reassured him sensing his doubt that she could in fact properly wrap her feet in bandage.

While Myrcella cleaned and bandaged her wounded feet, Geralt had gone to care for his mare. "I know she's a Tyrell.." He mumbled as the horse nudged him with her big head. Geralt knew very well what the Tyrells were known specifically for; their sharp minds, tongues and swords. "–She deserves the benefit of the doubt Roach just like the others we encounter." The horse only let out a sighing sound as an answer.

"She's magnificent." Myrcella said making Geralt turn around surprised that she'd somehow managed to sneak up on him, without him noticing. "-What's her name?"

"Roach." Geralt answered simply as Myrcella went to pet Roach who seemed to quickly accept the young woman's touch making Geralt sigh at the traitor. "–She's gentle too." Myrcella said as she kissed Roach on her forehead. "Hm."

"So, Geralt, where to?" The way she said his name made him smile before he without a warning grabbed her and lifted her into the saddle. "Posada, Dol Blathanna." He said. Myrcella moved a bit back as Geralt got up in front of her on Roach and kicked the horse into a slow trot as soon as she'd safely wrapped her arms around him. This would surely be an adventure Myrcella would never forget once she'd returned safely back to her spot in the royal court.