He took a breath and swallowed.

"Like right now?" He watched my fingers as they fiddled with the buttons on my shirt.

I pushed my shirt down my shoulders. I was only wearing a camisole underneath. "Yes, I don't care."

I needed a distraction.

And distract me he did.

* * *

"Holy shit." With a somewhat strangled noise coming from the back of his throat, Harry rolled off me and flopped down on the bed next to me.

"Holy shit indeed," I replied blankly.

Harry pulled off the condom and tossed it in the trash can beside his bed. He turned to face me and asked, "Did you finish?" Sweat was dripping down his tanned face, and his chest was damp.

   "No," I said, sighing. I never finished when it was with Harry.

Harry's brows pulled together. "And why's that?"

I pulled the covers and tucked them under my chin. "It's all right," I said. "I had fun." That was a lie, but sometimes Harry got really insecure about his performance.

"OK," he muttered, tossing the covers off him.

He got out of bed and began to pull on his boxers. I might say he was visibly irritated from the way he was haphazardly yanking his clothes onto his body. There was a heavy silence between us, as we both quietly slipped into our clothes.

As Harry proceeded across the room to the door, I called out, "Wait."

He didn't turn around and said, "What?"

"You seem pissed. What's wrong?"

"Nothing, Max." Harry rubbed a hand across his forehead. "It's just... you always do this. I don't get why you insist on sleeping together when you never finish. And you don't even communicate and tell me what to do to help you finish."

I frowned. He can't be serious. "That's why you're pissed? I don't really care if I finish or not, I still had fun."

"Whatever, Max. I am done arguing with you all over and over about this."

I was scoffing. "It's not my fault you're so insecure." He glared at me. "Now if you'll excuse me."

I put my shoes on, pushed by Harry, and walked out of the room. He was always looking for a reason to argue with me. Whenever he was upset, he'll become delusional and everyone else 'simply doesn't understand'.

I went downstairs and heard the the sound of his friend's drunken laughter. They began to make inappropriate gestures at me, to raise their hands beside their mouths, and to pretend to blow the air. I flipped them the finger and marched out the front door. The sky was pitch black.

"Let me at least drive you home. It's not safe for a girl to be out at this time," a voice said from behind me.

"I've walked home plenty of times in the middle of the night," I said without turning around. "Nothing has ever happened."