Chapter 21 - POOL HOUSE

Start from the beginning

I admitted, I had lied. I lied to Jisoo I was alone on the shore that day while I was actually with Hyeri who was my only crush when we studied in Australia. We both hugged each other, I also admitted but I assured, we were just friends. I now had Jisoo and I loved her so much, I would never cheated on her, but the reason I chose to hide was due to nervousness. I was afraid that she couldn't accept me anymore when she knew, I felt bad if my sincere answer hurt her, I hated myself if Jisoo cried over this. I was totally scared, I wasn't ready for it. 'I'm sorry.' I sighed as looking down at the turtle plush toy which Jisoo gave me on my birthday. I then pulled it to hug and finally long thought rested itself a bit, while afternoon coming.

This week we had a sleepover at Lisa's mansion as she planned, before final exam arrived. She asked me to invite our crackhead friends but seemed like they were all busy. Seulgi and Yeri told me that they had to visit their grandparents, and Joy was too lazy to come so she would review those lessons alone at home. Oh, and Irene! She had another trip with her parents, to Japan, I heard. Shrugged! So there only Jisoo and Jennie left. I signed.

"Hello, Unnie?"

"Yes?"

"You're ready yet?"

"I'm taking pill but you can come anyways."

"Alright! But are you sick??"

"Oh, y-yes! I'm okay. Just come!"

"Well, I'll pick up your cousin first!"

"Got it, Rosie Posie!!" - We both hung up the phone.

I exhaled. 'It's time to face her now!'

3PM the watch said, my car pulled over in front of Jisoo's apartment. I didn't call her anyways but messaged instead. Minutes later, Jisoo came and we both directly headed to Jennie's residence. Along our way, no one started a conversation. It was kinda awkward because we used to talk a lot when we were together. I couldn't help but asked.

"Baby?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine, Rosé!" - Jisoo gave me a smile but this one was quite scary.

We didn't say anything much after this short conversation. I wanted to mention Hyeri here yet I knew it would push the situation worse so the only thing I could do was keeping my eyes on the road until we reached Jennie's place.

"Omg, girls!! It's been 84 years!! What took your ass so long?" - Jennie spat out before she got her butt in.

"There's traffic jam, Unnie. My car doesn't have wings." - I glared.

"Yah, Rosé, you got this savage from my swag ass cousin, huh?" - Jennie then laughed and playfully poked my shoulder from the backseat. I giggled.

But our fun time wouldn't last that long, the mouths now ended up shutting again. Maybe I should try to bring up some interesting topic? I smiled and about to utter a word, a notification ting-ed in my phone. Jisoo's eyes averted to the screen.