❄️Gray x Reader ❄️

( Arranged Marriage! AU)
( Royalty! AU)
—————————
Guide:
Y/n-your name
F/n-friends name
——————————————
Y/n's POV:
Staring out the window, I let the gentle breeze hit my face, soothing my tears. After being told that I would be forced to marry another man, I was shattered. My heart was broken and filled with rage towards my parents decision. But maybe it could be good..?

Flashback~
I sat at the table eating my breakfast with my family. Having parents who were royalty meant they were not always home. Sharing a meal with them did not happen often so I was happy to see the two of them here with me.

The table was silent except for the small clanking sound of silverware against china plates. I looked up from my food wishing to start a conversation but I wasn't sure what to say to them. I would ask about their visit to the neighboring kingdom, the Fullbuster's but I figured they might not want to talk about business at the table. After all, that must be all they talk about otherwise.

My dad looked up and sighed meeting my gaze. I continued to stare at him seeing as it seemed he wanted to say something. I waited patiently for him to speak. He looked over at my mom and they both nodded with a faint smile on their lips. "We have something we want to tell you something y/n." My mother spoke.

I looked at her with full attention telling her she could continue. She and my dad held hands as they told me the news. "When your mother and me when to the Fullbuster's this past week for business we started discussing making an alliance with each other's kingdoms."

"That's great dad! I'm glad that we are pushing for peace in the land!"

"That's not all dear," my mom stopped me.

"What else did you guys do?" I asked. I watched as my moms grip tightened on my dads hand. I couldn't tell if it was out of excitement, fear, or what though.

"We were talking of how we could seal the alliance and we decided that you, the heir to our crown will marry their eldest son, Gray, also heir to the crown."

My jaw dropped. All I could hear was static in my ears as my parents tried to ease my shock with words of encouragement. I couldn't hear anything though. I got up and started running for the hallway that led to the stairs. I ran up the flight of stairs to where my room was. I closed the door and locked it before sliding down on my back.

My hands reached up to grab my hair as my knees came to my chest. I felt tears prick my eyes. I wasn't ready for marriage yet Especially to a man I've never met before! What were my parents thinking when they made this deal? What if he's terrible and mean? What am I supposed to do then? I felt the tears sting my eyes as I kept thinking of what could go wrong.

I called out for my personal assistant who happened to be my best friend. F/n came rushing into my room as I locked the door behind them. "What's wrong?"

"My parents are making me marry the prince from the neighboring kingdom..."

f/n was silent. They looked at me unsure of what to say. Instead they plopped down next to me and just pulled me closer to them with an arm around my shoulder. "I don't mean to be an optimist, but maybe think of the positives? The prince could be a great guy for all you know! And handsome!"

I chucked slightly at them trying to make a joke out of the situation to make me feel better. It did kinda work. "Thanks f/n. I don't know what I'd do without you in my life."