3

Chapter 3

After snoozing my alarm about a 100 times I decided to finally get up, even though it was tempting just to stay in bed for the rest of the day.
I went to my closet and probably spent a solid 20 minutes figuring what to wear, eventually going with the most basic clothes I own. A low cut black t-shirt, some mom jeans to really show off my curves. Simple, but nice I guess.
With a belt, my favourite necklace and my mom's watch to top it off I went down stairs.

Stefan sat in the kitchen, eating breakfast. He was all suited up, and had a small leather bag standing next to him.
Noticing my presence, he spoke.
"Good morning Baby" He looked up from the plate in front of him. "Morning" I answered softly, not really in the mood of speaking. I took an apple, not really in the mood for breakfast either. Guess I'm just not a morning person.

"I'll be working late, the case I've been working on all summer is hopefully getting closed today" Stefan said. I took a bite of my apple and nodded in silence. Stefan's a lawyer by the way.

I gathered up my soccer gear, my rug sack and headed towards the door. "Feel free to give me some cash so I can order Chinese later" Was the last words I spoke before going to the garage, and driving off to school.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The parking lot was totally overcrowded now, unlike yesterday, but luckily I found a spot close to the entrance, so I didn't have to drag my stuff that far. As soon as I got out of the car the Californian heat embraced my body.
Summer's in NYC was hot too, but this was a whole other hot. More dry and a genuinely warmth, where in the city it was more a thick coat of heat, created by the pollution.

A light breeze hit my skin, enough to make me shiver a little. I took my gear from the trunk, and with steady steps I walked towards the huge building of concrete, Anaheim High.

I made it inside without bumping into anyone and I quickly made my way down the hallways towards the girls lockerrooms.
Thank god I was here yesterday or I would've been lost with all the students greeting their friends all around, telling about what great summers they've had. Probably bragging where they've been too.
I didn't bother and swiftly moved through the crowd, and found the place I was looking for.

I opened the door silently, didn't really expect anyone to be in there but I was wrong.
The girl I had briefly talked to yesterday on the pitch stood there, in her underwear and her hair damp. I quickly stepped inside and shut the door closed.
I was facing her back and weren't sure she had noticed me yet. "Hi" I said, placing my stuff next to hers. She put down her towel, and looked at me.
"Baby!" She smiled out.
What I wouldn't do to look like her.
She started to get dressed. I could tell by the clothes laying next to her that she played volleyball, and with her thick thighs it didn't really surprise me.
"I'm Ivy" she said breaking the small silence that had occurred.
We small talked a bit while I put all my gear into locker. "What about the boys from yesterday?" I felt the need to ask, while closing the locker. She looked at me with a small giggle.
"Oh" she took her bag and slung it over her shoulder. "That was Mason, Sam and Reece"
I took my rucksack too, and out we walked.
We walked down the hallway as she kept telling me about them. "Mason's my boyfriend. He's lovely, really! He's the goalkeeper on the varsity soccer team. Then there's Sam. A real lover boy, let me tell you. He sleeps around a lot, but he's truly a good guy" Ivy continued.
"Wish I could say the same about Reece" She laughed a little. "What's up with him?" I asked, genuinely curious.
"He's just" she paused. "I guess you could say he's the typical sports jerk. Our beloved Captain. He can't keep either his dick or his ego in his pants" Ivy finished off. It didn't really surprise me to be honest.
"Can I ask you something now?" She said, her steps getting a little shorter.
"It's Ophelia" I answered her, not even letting her ask.  A look of surprise spread across her face. "That's telepathy right there" Ivy said, starting to laugh a little. A smile spread across my face.
"It sure is"
"But why Baby?" She asked now. I shrugged and answered honest; "I don't know. I guess I've always been everyone's Baby, and then people just started calling me that"

After a few more turns down the hallways and the bell rung out. "Gotta go. See you at lunch?" Ivy asked.
"Yeah, see you" I answered her and turned around, starting walking towards my first class of senior year, which happened to be American literature. Super exciting, I know.
I entered the class just in time for the second bell, and sat down in the back.
The teacher started doing the protocol, while my gaze landed on the watch, hanging over the wooden door.
The class went by slowly. I didn't really participate, and when the bell rung out I was among some of the first to leave the room.

Time came around for lunch, and Ivy catched my eye pretty fast. I walked to the table she was placed at sat down. Of course she was accompanied by the three musketeers.
"Hi" I sat down at the only free chair, next to Sam.
"Y'all remember Baby, right?" Ivy asked the guys.
"Yeah" Sam said with the mouth full of food. Mason nodded too. Reece, that sat opposite of me kept his mouth shut. I caught his gaze.
"Did you make the team?" Mason asked, actually sounding interested. I gave him a small nod, but not letting the captains eyes go.

We small talked a bit. Turned out, they were pretty cool. Sam was definitely the talkative one, he joked around a lot and genuinely made me feel welcome in their little group. Mason didn't say as much, but he was nice too. Ivy, of course spoke all the time, hard to interrupt her.
"We should hang out later" Ivy suddenly said.
"Sure" Sam answered. "After practice?"
Mason nodded in agreement.
"We can be at my place?" I spoke out. The three of the nodded. Feeling a pair of green eyes burning into the side of my head, I turned slightly, and looked him. "What about you?"
He cleared his throat making his jaw flinch slightly. "I'll be there"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

What do y'all think about Ivy? I think I might do some chapters in her perspective when we get further in to the history, but idk yet.
Don't forget to vote and commenttt <3

Btw the picture above, is Baby's outfit just so you could get an idea of her style
Xx