Nothing

There was nothing.

And then there was something.

And then that something began to snowball.

Things changed. They melded out, and melded in.

Things were shaped and created in order to continue this outward growth of energy.

This is the way the chips fell and the dice rolled.

This is the way the energy decided to fall in order to maximize itself as it grew and expanded and acclimated.

Now, though, the energy will patter back out.

In the future, the energy will decrease, as everything always does.

It'll flatten and meld back out.

It'll weaken and try to find perfect stability again.

The world will crumble into dust, which will float away until nothing exists except a foggy haze.

But then even that fine, thin cloud of nothing will disintegrate until even those particles become suspended into place.

Then there will be no information, no motion, no heat, no energy, no change, no difference.

There will be nothing.

AN: Similar to the last chapter, I just wrote out the general trajectory of the universe if we see everything in it only as bits of energy trying to maximize itself as it carries in through its existence. Can you believe some of that energy and matter somehow coalesced into this... thing? (*Gestures to self*) Yeah. Neither can I. The universe is weird, isn't it?