On this day, after Xuan Tianmo climbed off of her once more, Zhu Kongshan said to him: “Cousin, the good deeds in the northern part of the city have continued this entire time. As for the good deeds, Kongshan has an idea and has wanted to talk about it with cousin.”

Xuan Tianmo nodded: “Speak.” He was quite expectant when it comes to Zhu Kongshan in this area.

Zhu Kongshan quietly said: “All this time, it has been me who has been doing the work. Although all of the citizens know that the money for these good deeds comes from the Sheng Palace, this is not direct. Especially with the matter with Imperial Concubine Li, I have been feeling that things were unfair for aunty. It was clearly us who did the good deeds. Why is it that the reward went to Imperial Concubine Li? At the very heart of it, it’s because aunty and cousin didn’t personally participate.”

Xuan Tianmo pondered for a while then asked: “Then you mean…”

“Kongshan was thinking that if cousin could find some time to personally make a trip to the northern part of the city, even if it’s just standing next to the pot and handing out a few bowls of congee, it would be different. After all, you have gone, but the sixth prince did not go. The next time that there is a reward, to say something that goes against the Emperor, the Emperor will not be able to go against the public conscience and reward someone else. Also, for aunty, she is a member of the imperial harem. Leaving the palace is definitely not possible, but at the very least, she can take a stance. She can hand out some awards. As for what is to be handed out, Kongshan believes that wealth is not important. What is important is to give out something that the people can make use of. For example…” She thought for a bit then continued: “For example, we can have aunty sign off and find a group of maidservants and grannies to make some new winter clothes. It’s about to be the new year. We can use Noble Lady Yuan’s name to give the citizens new clothes. What does cousin think of this?”

Xuan Tianmo’s eyes lit up. He felt that what Zhu Kongshan had said was reasonable and very thorough. He and Noble Lady Yuan would personally take part. Giving it one last push before the new year, when the new year comes around, the Emperor would definitely need to give a reward. With the two personally participating, the Emperor could not possibly give the reward to old sixth or Imperial Concubine Li.

He looked at Zhu Kongshan with an approving smile, “Cousin really is smart and thorough. It’s fortunate that you thought of it. This prince will go into the palace tomorrow to tell imperial concubine mother about it to have her immediately arrange these things. When the winter clothes have been completed, this prince will personally go and hand them out and also personally hand out food.”

A smile appeared on Zhu Kongshan’s face. Nodding her head, she shyly ducked under the blanket. When a beauty put on this sort of expression, it was difficult for Xuan Tianmo to go against them. With a smile appearing on his face, he climbed back up…

Making winter clothes needed some time, and Zhu Kongshan continued her role as a Bodhisattva in the northern part of the city. It was just that all of the families of the officials completely pulled out within a few days of her “speaking up.” She put on a helpless expression; however, she was very happy. At the same time, the Sheng Palace’s congee stall had been doubled in size; however, the congee was thinner than before. Not only had it become thinner, but quite a bit of coarse rice had been added. It was no longer polished rice as it had been in the past.

The citizens were a bit puzzled by this, but after thinking a bit, it had been supported for such a long time. It was possible that the Sheng Palace was powerless despite its best intentions. Coarse rice was fine. Congee that was thinner was also fine. It was better than not having anything. The people did not say anything about it.