“That’s why-” Xuan Tianmo spread his hands, “The way a mother is will dictate how the daughter is. This prince initially thought that Zhu Kongshan was a good one, but now it seems that she cannot be kept. Uncle, this matter will be left to you to handle. This prince will not intervene. It can be considered the Liu family tidying up its own mess. But you must remember to do it without being noticed. You must not let the Zhu family see through anything. The person must die in the Zhu family, and it would be best if it was staged to look like a suicide to clear her name.”

Liu Wannina understood what he meant and nodded. He did not remain in the capital and returned to Peng Zhou the same day.

At this time, Liu shi, who was still locked inside the firewood storage room was hoping that her daughter and her nephew, a prince, would help support her; however, little did she know that a person in black clothes would sneak into the Zhu manor’s firewood storage room three days later. First, they knocked her out then found a spare rope in the storage room. The rope was tied to a beam in the room, and a chair was placed below. Once all of this was in place, he bit open Liu shi’s finger and wrote a large “innocent” character on the ground in blood. He then hung Liu shi from the beam, only leaving after ascertaining that she was definitely dead.

The person in black’s work seemed to have been done without anyone noticing; however, it had all been seen by Wang Chuan. It was just that she did not care. After the person in black left, she quietly followed him for a while and saw that person enter the Liu manor. There, she saw him report to someone in the Liu manor. Only then did she leave.

Wang Chuan did not return to the Zhu manor. With things as they were now, the Zhu family no longer had any value to her. She rushed to Hundred Herb Hall overnight and hid.

In regards to all of this, nobody in the Zhu family noticed. It was only dawn the next day when a servant went to deliver food to Liu shi that they let out a scream.

Liu shi’s death caught the Zhu family by surprise. The only thing that they could do was to suppress the information then begin to scramble for what to do.

But before they could think of a concrete idea, someone from the Liu family came to visit. They said that they could accept the divorce, but they first needed to see Liu shi and ask to ascertain the situation.

How could the Zhu family manage to get her out. The two families just remained in a deadlock like this for many days. In the end, for the sake of spreading the influence of this a bit more, both sides decided to take a step back. It was announced that Liu shi had passed from an illness, and the Zhu family would be conducting the funeral.

The Zhu family’s head madam and eldest young miss, Zhu Kongyue, were very dissatisfied with this, but they did not dare to be too rude in front of the Liu family. After all, that was the true family of Imperial Concubine Li and Noble Lady Yuan. If they acted unreasonably and flipped out, their Zhu family might disappear without a trace in just a single night. It was just that there was something that they truly could not understand. Liu shi was the type to be deathly afraid of dying, and she had truly been with the housekeeper. Why would she suddenly gain the courage to hang herself? She even wrote the character for “innocent.” Could it be that there was something wrong with her mind?

However, nobody could investigate the truth of the matter. Of course, there was nobody to investigate it. The Zhu family prepared to conduct the funeral, and this matter came to an end with this funeral. But the head madam and the eldest young miss were unable to swallow this displeasure, especially when they thought of how Zhu Kongshan was still in the capital and was still at the eighth prince’s side. They felt nervous and uneasy, and they could not feel at ease.

Zhu Kongyue said to her mother: “What if that girl, Zhu Kongshan, succeeds in the capital. Sooner or later, she will seek revenge. Even if she does not, our Zhu family no longer has her mother. In the future, she will definitely cast us to the back of her mind.”

“Hmph!” The head madam snorted coldly, “Is there any need to wait for the future? Even now, she does not think about us.”

“Mother, that’s why we need to think of something.” Zhu Kongyue reminded the head madam, “We can’t allow that little slut to continue mingling with noble people in the capital. What if she gets along great. That would leave us with nothing but a bitter life. Mother, how about we use this funeral as a chance to get her back. After she gets back, we will get her an engagement and just marry her off to be done with it. Either way, Liu shi was just a concubine. The young misses of the manor do not need to stand vigil for a concubine. Even if it’s her own mother, it’s no good. As long as she gets married, she can no longer return to the capital. At worst, we will continue living our lives the way we did before; however, we will not be threatened by the nobility in the capital.”

The head madam felt that her daughter was very correct. They would bring Zhu Kongshan back and marry her off. This was indeed an idea that would settle things for good, thus they went to bring this idea up with Zhu Xinjie. Zhu Xinjie immediately agreed: “Alright! This will be left to you to handle. Immediately send a letter to the capital. This funeral will be delayed a few days. Either way, it’s winter. If a brazier is not placed in the mourning hall, the corpse will not change. When the time comes, just give the Liu family an explanation!”

The Zhu family had made a decision, and a letter was immediately sent toward the capital. They managed to avoid the Liu family and keep anyone from finding out. It was only after Zhu Kongshan received this letter and found out about Liu shi’s death that she suffered another breakdown despite having been brainwashed every few days by the eighth prince…