But so what if it was a humiliation? What Liu shi had done had already spread all over. Zhu Xinjie had caught her in bed. Even if the Liu family did not want to acknowledge it, it was impossible. When the letter was sent to the Liu manor, the Liu family immediately entered a state of crisis. First, they sent people to the Zhu family’s side to inquire about Zhu Xinjie’s mood. At the same time, they immediately sent people to the capital to discuss this matter with the eighth prince.

Of course, the Liu family knew about Zhu Kongshan having gone to the capital, and they were very clear about Noble Lady Yuan and the eighth prince’s intentions. They were very interested in the matter. Once the eighth prince succeeded, the Liu family would be an existence above all but one. In the entirety of Da Shun, would there be a family that could compete with them? At this critical juncture, absolutely nothing must happen to Liu shi. She needed to preserve herself, and that would be the same as preserving Zhu Kongshan.

The person who had been sent to the Zhu manor discussed things with Zhu Xinjie for a bit. In the end, they understood what Zhu Xinjie meant. It was fine to not divorce the concubine, but the Liu family needed to show good faith. As for this good faith, it would naturally be a great benefit to the Zhu family.

Thus the person sent by the Liu family to the capital received this information and immediately went to the eighth prince to bring up using an official position to stuff the Zhu family’s mouth. In any case, this matter would be settled first.

Unfortunately, the eighth prince, Xuan Tianmo, became even more annoyed by the Zhu family after hearing this. He told his own uncle, who had been sent by the Liu family: “The Zhu family will try to gain a foot after being given an inch. This sort of family will eventually become a burden.”

Liu Wannian sighed and said: “Everyone understands this logic, but if Zhu Xinjie’s anger is not settled first, he will divorce that daughter of a concubine and have her sent back. The Liu family cannot lose this face!”

“Divorce?” Xuan Tianmo sneered, “Uncle, that Liu shi is nothing more than a daughter of a concubine. She is nothing more than yours and imperial concubine mother’s younger sister of a concubine. There aren’t too profound of a relationship, right?”

Liu Wannian nodded: “Naturally. Ever since she entered the Zhu manor, our family has never concerned itself with her. I’ve already roughly forgotten what she looks like.”

“That’s the way it is.” Xuan Tianmo waved his hand, “What’s the point of keeping this sort of person around? To even give Zhu Xinjie a chance of divorcing the concubine? It’s truly something that he is capable of coming up with. Uncle, when I succeed, the maternal family that this prince will recognize is the Liu family, not the Zhu family. This is something that other families must understand.”

Liu Wannian was startled then understood what Xuan Tianmo meant. That was right! In the future, once he succeeded, it would be better if Zhu Kongshan did not take the empress seat. Once she did take that seat, there would be a Zhu family to contend for this world! How could the Liu family allow the Zhu family to insert itself? “Your Highness is right.” Liu Wannian took a deep breath, “What sort of thing is the Zhu family? Our Liu family must not share this glory with the Zhu family. That lowly daughter of a concubine can no longer be kept around. The Zhu family’s insatiable relationship can no longer be kept. Hmph! Speaking of, that slut Liu shi has always been a loose person. If it was not for her sullying her body in a private affair, the Liu family would not have married her into the Zhu family as a concubine.”

Divine Doctor: Daughter of the First Wife (Yang Shi Liu) 801जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें