“What is there to fear?” Housekeeper Qi was full of confidence, “It’s not like it’s the first time. How many times have I seen your cute little expressions, Chun Tao? To speak of you and concubine mother Liu, my heart favors you; however, there’s nothing that can be done about it. She’s the master. If I don’t take good care of her, it would be hard to speak to her about taking you in.”

Chun Tao let out a “pft” sound, “You old thing, you want to take me in? Getting some enjoyment is fine, but concubine mother Liu has said that she will find you a good way out in the future. No matter what, I won’t fall into your hands.”

Housekeeper Qi heard this and slightly snorted, “Don’t get too optimistic. It’s possible that you might need to beg me to take you in! Forget it, forget it, you’re still a tender young girl. Compared to the feelings of Liu shi, you’re quite far off. Recently, Liu shi has obtained quite a few nice things. If I take good care of her tonight, I might be able to gain some benefits. This is all thanks to master spending the night with the head madam!” As the two spoke, they increased their pace.

Wang Chuan frowned while listening from behind and thought to herself, the eldest young miss, Zhu Kongyue, really was completely correct. Sure enough, Liu shi was not someone easy to take care of. She actually set her sights on the manor’s housekeeper. She sneakly followed along behind and saw that housekeeper Qi had entered Liu shi’s courtyard. He went through the motions of talking about the brazier before Chun Tao retreated from the room. She even gently closed the door. Not long later, the candles inside were lit, and Liu shi’s laughter could be heard…

Wang Chuan curled up the corners of her lips and very quickly retreated from the yard. Turning around, she followed Chun Tao, who was also heading out. She continued following until she saw Chun Tao reach the stove. There, she saw Chun Tao ask for hot water from the servants inside. Her mind went to work, and she also entered. Seeing Chun Tao holding the kettle of hot water, she looked at the empty stove and said with dissatisfaction: “Isn’t this the hot water that was prepared for the eldest young miss? Why was it given to someone else?”

The servants in the kitchen quickly said: “Nobody ever came from the eldest young miss’ side. It just so happened that someone from concubine mother Liu’s side came and asked for it, thus it was given to Miss Chun Tao. Miss A-Chuan, if you want it, I will boil some more for you.”

“Isn’t it still here?” Wang Chuan pointed at the kettle that Chun Tao was holding and said: “Since it was boiled for the eldest young miss, I have now come to fetch it, thus it naturally should be given to me. As for concubine mother Liu’s side, just boil some more.”

“On what basis?” Chun Tao glared at her and said to Wang Chuan: “I came here first. This kettle doesn’t have your name written on it. Why should it be given to you? You just claimed that you wanted it first, so that’s the case? Where’s the proof?” She held the kettle in one hand and rested the other hand on her hip, taking on a bit of a bossy look. If this was in the past, the servants from a concubine’s courtyard would never have dared to oppose a servant from the daughter of the first wife’s courtyard; however, Liu shi had recently caused some waves, and Zhu Kongshan had found a pillar of support in the capital. Secondly, Wang Chuan was a new arrival, while Chun Tao was someone who had been in the manor for a long time. How could she possibly think well of a maidservant who had just come in. She had entirely believed that newcomers would be easy to manipulate, thus she decided to put on these airs.

But Wang Chuan refused to back down, stubbornly saying: “Regardless of whether or not I ordered this water first, eldest young miss is the daughter of the first wife. It’s natural that we must do everything possible for her. Although concubine mother Liu is one of master’s women, she is still just a concubine. The rules of the manor have always placed young masters and young misses above concubines. No matter how favored a concubine is, she must be respectful when greeting the eldest young miss. Miss Chun Tao, why do you not even understand this bit of logic?”