“You mean to say…” Zhu Kongyue inhaled sharply, “She wants to become the daughter of the first wife? She wants to steal my spot?”

“It’s not just that she wants to steal your spot. I fear that her mother will also want to steal the head madam’s spot!” Wang Chuan earnestly analyzed things for Zhu Kongyue, “Eldest young miss, calming down a bit first, even if they don’t have such an intention, they still aren’t thinking of the Zhu manor. Look-” She pointed at the letter and said: “The third young miss has performed good deeds in the capital, and the Emperor returned Noble Lady Li to the position of imperial concubine because of this, and the eighth prince’s reputation has improved greatly. They are quite happy in the capital. But she is the Zhu manor’s young miss! Why is it that she does not put in a single word for her family with all of the good things that she has done? If she could think a bit for the Zhu family, master would not still just be a lowly sixth rank official. Even if he was not promoted, the reward should have arrived in Peng Zhou, right? But what now? The Zhu family has not benefited in the slightest!”

Zhu Kongyue had been incited by Wang Chuan, and her anger was burning brighter and brighter. As long as she thought of the possibility of her spot as the daughter of the first wife being stolen, and her mother no longer being the head wife, her eyes began to spin with anger. When she then thought about how Zhu Kongshan did not think of the Zhu family in the slightest, she felt that the Zhu family had truly spent so many years raising an ingrate; however, it was an ingrate with a pillar of support. How should they handle this?

After thinking a bit about Liu shi, she could not help but hatefully say: “Mother and daughter are both worthless! One is a worthless old thing and the other is a worthless young thing! With a bewitching aura, it’s clear that she’s nothing good, yet she happens to have good fortune. Aside from having two imperial concubines in the family, there are also two princes. A-Chuan, did you know that ever since the eighth prince sent two sets of gifts to the manor, father has been spending nights in Liu shi’s courtyard!”

Wang Chuan nodded, “When this servant was coming back, I heard that master would be staying there tonight. Fourth concubine mother is quite unhappy and is currently causing a fuss.”

“Hmph!” Zhu Kongyue coldly snorted, “What’s the point of her causing a fuss? If she has the ability, go to Liu shi’s courtyard to snatch him away! Still so young yet unable to keep hold of a man, even letting an old mother gain the upper hand. She has the nerve to cause a fuss?” Zhu Kongyue heaved a heavy sigh as she spoke, “A-Chuan, say, what can I do despite this misfortune? In the end, I don’t have any pillar of support. The only one I can rely on for support is the Zhu family, and the powerful position I have is the Zhu manor’s daughter of the first wife. My maternal family is comprised of businesspeople, while Da Shun favors agricultural merchants. Businesspeople have the lowest standing. Aside from providing some money, they can’t be relied on for anything. But what about them? Their relatives are connected to the Emperor. How honorable a position is that, and she has princes for cousins to support her. How can I compete with her?”

Seeing that Zhu Kongyue’s anger was about to die down, Wang Chuan shook her head and said: “Regardless of what is said, is only thinking of her relatives, which is to say that she’s defying the Zhu family. Even if it was brought to master, it would be decided on by the Zhu family’s rules. This servant is just a servant and is unable to provide much help. I can only accompany eldest young miss and hope that eldest young miss is able to live happily.”

Zhu Kongyue sighed repeatedly. This continued until dinnertime, where she still had not yet recovered. She was very dispirited.