Imperial Concubine Li angrily slammed the table, “Why has she come again?” But after thinking about it, she said: “Let her in. This one really wants to know what she has planned for me this time.”

Very quickly, Noble Lady Yuan was invited inside. Carrying a box of accessories, she arrived in front of Imperial Concubine Li and respectfully saluted.

Imperial Concubine Li also gave her face, saying: “Elder sister, quickly get up.” She then granted her a seat.

Noble Lady Yuan warmly sat down then said: “I forgot about something when coming to deliver those gifts to younger sister that day.” After saying this, she extended the box forward and opened it. Inside was a jade bracelet. It was not new, and it looked to be a bit aged.

Imperial Concubine Li was puzzled, “What are you giving me this thing for?” Though she said this, she continued to stare at it. The more she looked at it, the more familiar it appeared. She could not help but become curious, asking: “Is this something from the Liu manor?”

Noble Lady Yuan heard her say it like this and let out a sigh, saying: “Younger sister has a good memory. This bracelet was left behind by grandmother. When we were younger, we often saw her fiddling with it. It was originally part of a pair. When I entered the palace, one was given to me. Originally, they said that the other one would be given to younger sister when you entered the palace, but wasn’t grandmother quite sick at that time! The family was busy, and this matter was forgotten. A few days earlier, father had the servants tidy up the warehouse and found it, thus it was brought into the palace and put in my place. They wanted me to find a chance to give it to younger sister. Although this is something old and cannot be compared to the nice things in the palace, in any case, it’s a memento from our family. I know that younger sister does not have much of a good opinion of the Liu family and feel that the family did not help but. Elder sister will not say anything further. I just hope that younger sister will think a bit more about grandmother. She really did love you dearly.”

Noble Lady Yuan threw these words out, and Imperial Concubine Li immediately recalled their kindly grandmother in the Liu family. She was also the one who loved her the most in that manor. Her impression of this bracelet became even more vivid, and she could even remember her grandmother holding her hand, saying that this bracelet would be given to her when she got married. At that time, she really loved this bracelet. Seeing it again now, she could not help but tear up and feel extremely emotional.

“Elder sister has been considerate… Father has also been considerate.” She had someone bring the box over and took the bracelet out. Slowly, memories began to well up, and her attitude toward Noble Lady Yuan also began to improve.

Noble Lady Yuan saw that her goal had been accomplished, and a smile crept onto her face. Looking all around, she said: “Elder sister has some intimate matters to talk about with younger sister. Could you have the palace servants leave first?”

Imperial Concubine Li’s mind was entirely filled with memories of the past. Thinking that Noble Lady Yuan would be speaking with her about the past and the Liu manor, she thought about it, and the two sisters had really not interacted too much at home. This bracelet made her want to chat a bit more, thus she waved her hand and dismissed all of the servants, including her personal servant, Zuo’er.

Seeing that there were no other people in the hall, Noble Lady Yuan inched a bit closer before saying: “In the end, we are sisters. Even if we argue and have our differences, we are still much closer than other people. Although there are many times when we act to serve our own purposes, we are still sisters. If our children became entangled in a conflict with other children, aside from our own children, the other one that would need to be saved, would he not be our nephew? Could it be that after I saved Mo’er, I would just watch Feng’er meet with a mishap for the sake of saving another prince?”