The Vase

A/N: Hi guys! Sorry, for a little bit of a long wait. I wasn't sure what to write and how to write it, but here it is! Also -spoiler- I've never been to a thrift store before and I'm not the best at scheming, so keep that in mind. If something doesn't make sense, it probably isn't made of sense at all.

And I apologise if I made them seem more evil and cold than usual.

I didn't want to put this note in the beginning because I know I just put some spoilers up, but I didn't want to ruin the ending. Hope you enjoy!

<><><>

Louie was just chilling around the mansion, watching TV with a dozen unopen pep cans on standby. He yawned, tired, even though he had been doing nothing all day.

 He yawned, tired, even though he had been doing nothing all day

Suddenly, he heard a small creak from outside the room. His eyes widened, but he shrugged it off. Then, he heard it again. Louie sighed. "OK, Louie. It's probably nothing bad. It could just be the wind o-or maybe Webby's trying some Halloween stuff... Even though it's July... Ugh, sometimes being raised in a family who fights demons and terrifying magical beings every other week has its cons."

"-Speaking of cons, do you wanna go scam some unfortunate fellow right about now?" The sudden voice made Louie yelp and jump. "Hello, sharpie." A familiar face popped itself up right in front Louie's.

"Goldie!" Louie exclaimed, claiming a surprised expression on his face. He had no idea whether to be happy to see her again or be worried. He hadn't seen her since she took off with Doofus's goody bag treasure, so this sudden show up made him feel a little uneasy. "How did you get in?"

"By the front door of course." Goldie sat on the couch and put her feet up on an ottoman. "How else am I supposed to get in? Through the window?" She laughed. "I'd never stoop that low unless I didn't have a choice. Besides, Scrooge put up a magical force field on most of the windows."

"What about Beakley?" Louie asked suspiciously.

"Oh, I just distracted her by setting free some ghosts from one of Scrooge's little trinkets. That should keep her busy for a good hour." Goldie explained. She turned to look at the young duck with a bit of a frown. "I thought you'd be happy to see me, little sharpie."

"Yeah, I would. But you can't just appear out of the blue like that!" Louie stood up on the couch. "I haven't seen you in months! Now you just want me to commit a scam with you?"

"Oh, sharpie. I though you knew me by now. I come whenever I feel like it. Or whenever I get bored, or whenever I feel like messing with someone or whenever you have something I want. Just ask your uncle. He's had loads of experience." She smirked. "Come on, Louie. I just missed having a partner in crime. Wouldn't you like to be my fellow conman for the day?"

"Last time I was your conman, you conned me! You're fine by yourself and so am I." Louie sighed and crossed his arms, but he couldn't resist a good scam and he knew Goldie was the absolute queen of scams.