~part 6~

You buried your face into the middle of the hug. But you weren't crying, it made you feel weak, so you didn't do it often.

"Ms. y/l/n do you mind if I ask, in the most respectful way possible, how did your Mum die?" Tom asked. You broke the hug.

"She died in a plane crash."

"And your Dad?"

"Never met him. My Mom got pregnant at age 15. My Dad left her when she told him she was pregnant. She ran away from home so she was alone. Now I don't know any of my family."

"I'm so sorry." Tom said, not knowing what else to say.

"It's fine." It was awkwardly silent.

"Forget it, I regret saying anything. You should probably go to bed anyway." You said breaking the silence.

"No no no, don't regret anything!" Tom said getting closer to you, "sorry." He backed up.

"I regret coming here." You said, "now where's your bedroom." Tom showed you while you helped him upstairs. You also helped him get ready, but made sure to not watch him get dressed into his underwear. You tucked him in the bed, and started to leave.

"Wait!" He said sitting him up, so you could see the shirtless top of his body.

"What?"

"Please stay. I can't- I can't describe what I'm feeling, but I can't be alone, not right now." You felt a little bit of guilt.

"Tom er- Mr. Holland, I am not going to stay."

"Please." His voice broke. You debated wether you should stay.

"I can't. I'm sorry."

"At least take my car so you don't have to be in danger outside alone."

"I like walking." You lied. You left and walked to your apartment. When you got home you saw your car.
"
Why don't I use you?" You asked the car as you went inside as you collapsed on your comfy couch.

"What would have happened if I stayed?" You sank into the couch as you relaxed.

"Next time someone askes me to a party, I need you to remind me not to go." You told your couch.
"I'm talking to my couch, this is so sad." You went to your room and got out of your dress, and wore a huge t-shirt. You went back to the couch and scrolled through netflix.

...

You woke up the next morning, drooling.

"Ughh." You really didn't want to go to work. You lazily got ready, and you looked really cute even though the outfit was comfy. You went outside and called a taxi.

"Taxi!" You waved to taxi's all over. Taxi's were all cheap since uber started so there were only a few left but hard for people to find. One screeched to a stop right by you.

"Max!" You yelled with joy.

"Hey kid, hop on in." You jumped in. Max was happy and gave you advice, he was that uncle that people loved. At least you think, you don't know any of your uncles.

"How's the job going?" He asked.

"Eh, the jobs okay but the people suck."

"I told you, seriously be careful."

"Yeah I know."

"Remind me the directions." He said. You told him, and had a fun conversation with him. When you got there you gave him his money, and forced yourself inside to building. You checked your phone while going inside, Haz hadn't texted you what had happened and you planned on calling him right after work. You set your phone on your desk and started to get to work. You flooded all of your thoughts and problems away with music as you did your work. You waved with the music and tried to be part of it.
You were interrupted by tapping on glass. It was Tom. When you looked up your realized no one was working, in fact no one was there at all. Except for Tom of course.
He gestured you to go into his office.

"Ms. Y/l/n, why are you here?"

"Why shouldn't I be?" You said nervously biting your lip.

"We don't work on saturdays or Sundays anymore."

"Like a school?"

"Well, yeah I guess."

"Why didnt you tell me before, I've been here for an hour!"

"I just got here, I came late because there was no time required."

"Ugh I'm so stupid." You slapped your forehead with your palm.

"I'll say." Tom said getting back to his work. You bit the inside of your cheek trying not to tell your boss off. Again.

"Do you want a raise for doing extra work?"

"Really?! That would be amazing-"

"I'm kidding." He chuckled. You looked at him with a face full of hate.

"You are so-" you bit your cheek again, stopping yourself.

"So what?" He asked looking up at you.

"So out of line!" He looked at you shocked. You couldn't help it. He was a jerk and you didn't want to give him the satisfaction of getting to bully you everyday.

"YOU are digusting" You smirked knowing he knew the reference but quickly covered your mouth regreting saying it.

A/n: hahaha just kidding I don't really need to write an authors note I just wanted to look professional hahah I'm so stupid!❤️❤️❤️