Chapter 1

Cole's POV

I gently pulled off my black hoodie, making sure not hurt my wings. I sighed with satisfaction, it felt good to let them breath for a while. All day everyday they were stuffed underneath my hoodie or my ninja Gi. I'd usually never take off my hoodie, for fear that Jay or Kai would barge into my room without knocking and see my wings. If anyone on the team knew that I was some sort of winged freak, they would kick me off the team for sure.

But today, it was only me and Zane. Zane was far more polite and would knock and ask to be let in. I smiled thinking about the blonde blue-eyed boy. He was just so kind and polite to everyone, and the way he smiled was just so amazing.

"Cole? May I come in?" I heard Zane's voice outside my door accompanied by a couple of knocks.

"G-give me a minute!" I called back, a little startled. I quickly put on my hoodie, crushing my wings, and pulled the door wide open. Zane was nervously standing by the door way, however his blue eyes were shining bright. He held a small book close to his chest. "Hey Zane! Whatcha got there?"

"A cook book!" Zane responded cheerfully and showed me it. "I figured since it was just you and me, we could cook some things for the others."

"Sounds like fun, let's do it!" I stepped out into the hallway and shut the door behind me. We hurried to the kitchen and prepared for the cooking session. I couldn't help but chuckle a bit when Zane put on his pink apron. He just looked so cute in it!

Zane set his cook book on the table and started flipping through the pages. "I assume that you'd like to bake a cake?" He said with a smile.

"Yes! Definitely!!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up in the air. Zane giggled and turned to the page with the cake recipe.

"How about we make a marble cake?" Zane suggested. I nodded in agreement. "Okay, so I'll make the vanilla cake batter, and you can make the chocolate batter. The recipe book is right here if you need it." He smiled and started making his batter.

I started cracking eggs into a red bowl and added flour, milk, sugar and other ingredients.

"Is this looking okay, Zane?" I ask turning my mixture towards the blonde so that he could inspect it.

"Yeah, it's looking great Cole!" Zane smiled. "Just stir it a little more." I nodded and I was about to return to my batter but then I realized that Zane had a little bit of cake batter on his right cheek.

"Um Zane? You've got a little something on your cheek." I pointed to his face. 

He wiped his left cheek and asked, "Did I get it?"

I laughed. "Not quite, here let me help." I used my thumb to wipe of the bit of raw cake batter off his cheek than licked the batter off of my thumb. "Mmm... Your cake batter is pretty tasty. Can't wait 'till it's an actually cake!"

"Cole! You aren't supposed to eat raw cake, there are raw eggs in it. You could get sick!" Zane scolded me.

"It's alright, Frosty!" I playfully ruffled Zane's blonde hair. "It was only a little bit, I'll be fine." Zane sighed and continued mixing his cake batter. Eventually, we both finished making our batters so we marbled them together and popped it into the oven.

"And now the waiting game begins." Zane declared as he set the kitchen timer. I sighed and sat on the counter. Time passed slowly as tension and silence hung in the air.

"Do you believe in love at first sight?" Zane asked quickly and all of a sudden. I immediately felt my face heat up with blush. Zane shifted his feet and leaned against the counter next to me.

"Kinda, I guess."

"I've only really experienced it once." He looked down at the ground. "Though I'm sure they don't like me..."

"Well who is-"

I was cut off by the oven timer going off. Zane slipped on oven mitts and pulled the delicious cake out of the oven. We continued to frost and  decorate the marble cake. We placed it on the table just as all the others walked in.

"We're back!!" Jay yelled. "What smells so good?"

"Me and Cole made a cake!" Zane replied, smiling.

"You and Cole  made a cake?" Kai repeated, skeptically. Zane nodded in confirmation while I nervously rubbed the back of my neck. "I guess it can't be that bad, I'll give it a try." Everyone sat down at the table and Zane sliced the cake. He passed the slices out to everyone then took his seat next to me.

I took a bite of the fluffy cake and was immediately satisfied. It was so light and tasty, it had the perfect texture and balance of the vanilla and chocolate flavors, and the frosting just tied it all together.

"This isn't half bad!" Kai said. "Considering Cole helped make it."

"Hey!" I growled at Kai.

"I think you did a great job, Cole." Zane complimented as I felt his hand on my shoulder. I smiled at him and continued to eat my cake.

~~~

Third Person POV

Zane was cleaning up the table after everyone else was sleeping, when he found something odd under Cole's seat. A feather.

The feather he found was jet black, so it could've possibly belonged to his falcon. However, the found feather was giant, and his feathered friend was small.

Zane yawned and rubbed his eyes. He quietly padded to his room and set the feather on his desk, decided that he would find out who it belonged to in the morning. He pulled his fluffy white blanket over his head and fell into a deep slumber.