Reanimated

Jason waited until Dick had completely vanished from his sight before he moved. He had managed to hold back his tears as he watched Dick break down in front of him, he had to be strong. But what Dick had said, he thought that they had all tortured him. He caught the thought before it could progress any further.

He picked up his helmet and ended the recording as he put it back on. He had evidence Dick was alive now, they had to listen to him. They had to save him from the bastard that had done this to him. Nothing else had been left behind but he had been here for a reason at the very least. Jason thought back to the start of the encounter, he had noticed him across the way so he must have been looking in this direction at someone below. Jason diverted his attention down, there were a couple possible people he could have been looking at, scouting for Deathstroke. Jason didn't know any of them or if they had any connection with anything though. He made a note of the apartment complex to have a look at them later in case anything came up. 

The walk back to the cave took a couple hours since it was the other side of Gotham but Jason was grateful for the walk, it gave him time to finally let all his emotions out without anyone noticing. To finally let all the thoughts that had been running through the back of his mind come forward. Bruce had shown him how he'd turn out if he tried to hold emotions back, but there was always going to be a part of him that would never have allowed him to break down this way, to feel this way in front of his family. Apart from maybe Dick. But he couldn't do that anymore, not after whatever had happened to him to make him that way.

It was empty when he got back, the body still in the cold room, probably waiting for Talia to come and collect it so they can do whatever strange ritual they do to bury a traitor. Jason couldn't imagine it was nice. He made quick work of himself in the medical room before changing into civilian clothes and moving up into the manor. There was definitely noise up here, and Jason was about to ruin the joyous laughter. Bruce and Selina were on the sofa, watching Ace and Titus get wound up by Steph. He could smell something cooking in the kitchen, Alfred must be making breakfast early since none of them had had any sleep. Apart from Cass who was lightly snoring on the sofa, but she'd wake at a penny drop anyway.

"I brought you evidence," Jason said and Bruce looked over to him, "About Deathstroke and Dick. I saw him again tonight."

"Where?" He asked as he stood up, indicating for Selina to stay.

"Gotham again, down by Faux Aveune, he must have been on some sort of scouting mission cause he made a point to get me to notice him when he saw me," Jason explained, "I set up recording through my helmet, it's in the cave. I didn't know if you had guests."

"I'll review and get back to you," Bruce said as he headed towards the clock.

Jason took a seat on the sofa as Cass sat up, even Steph had stopped messing with the dogs as Ace came over to Jason to seek some attention. He absentmindedly rubbed the dogs head as his other hand went to reach for the missing ring again. It hadn't been there long, but it had become his comfort. It wasn't much longer before Alfred called them all through to the dining room for food, they complied. 

Tim was already at the table, typing away at his laptop which he put away as everyone else came in, and Damian wasn't far behind as he came down the stairs to join them.

"Where's father?"

"Working on something quick, he shouldn't be too long," Selina explained, "In the mean time, Alfred this is lovely and I'm sure they'll all appreciate the good food." 

-------------

Dick realised what a stupid idea it was to leave his post well after he'd done it. But he wasn't going back now, Jason might still be there. But he had somewhere else he could stop off at before he went back to the hideout anyway, something that might need correcting or might just be his emotions getting the better of him. The rooftop still had blood among the stones from the fight, but that wasn't what Dick was interested in. He moved down to the ground, he couldn't remember exactly where he had thrown it, but he had a couple hours yet, so long as Slade didn't try to go and check on him.