"Well good for you then... I've been getting pushed around by bad omens and keeping my spirits lifted is tiring!" Maia laments and stretches her arms out then leaning against her desk. "I think I'll take a short nap."

"Sleep we-"

"LYDIAAAAAAAAAAAA" A screaming brunette comes running straight for me, cutting me off and startling Maia.

Oh goodness, Arianna.

Is it necessary for you to scream like that!?

"Lydiaaa!" She throws her bag onto her seat and suddenly kneels infront of me. "Lydia I am VERY sorry!"

"E-eh!? Ari! Get up! You don't need to kneel down! You're embarassing yourself!" I say in a panic.

The others will think I'm cruel if you stay like that! And I don't want you dirtying yourself!

"But I have done such a vile thing to you Lydia! I... I-"

"Arianna!" I say her name sternly so that she would stop and listen to me. "Take your seat and we'll talk about this later at recess."

"O-ok..." she tells me with a dejected look.

"Aww Ari, don't give me that face! We'll clear this all up later, I promise." I say and pat her head. In return she brushes my hand away and the dejected look on her face turns into somewhat of a confused one.

"Lydia... Are you by any chance, drunk?"

"Of course not! Why would you think that?"

"Because you're acting strangely."

"See! Something is off with you!" Maia crosses her arms.

"Jee you two! Can you guys give me a break! I'll explain everything later at recess. Just wait."

"Okaaaay!" Maia pouts then yawns.

---
10:00 AM

"Lydiaaaa!" Ari once again kneels infront of me.

"Nooo Ari stand up stand up! We'll talk about this at the cafeteria!" I grab her wrist and Maia's and exit the classroom, where Theo was waiting for me. I didn't expect he'd be waiting for me though-

"Theo, we're going to talk at the cafeteria, you come with us." I tell him and the four of us go straight to the cafeteria and occupy an empty table.

On the way there, the four of us made small talk and chattered about how Theo cutting his bangs had made a huge difference.

And the two were practically gawking at him. Back off!

"I'll go and buy the snacks for you guys, what would you all like?" Theo asks us.

"Custard pudding." Maia answers.

"Sweet roll!" Ari squeels.

"Coke and custard pudding for me." I tell Theo softly.

"Ew coke."

"Tch!" I push Theo away. "Just go and buy the snacks!"

"Yeah yeah." He snickers and heads to the line up, leaving us girls to chat.

"Sooo~ what's with you and Theo?" Maia asks, looking at me cheekily. While Ari had the word guilty written all over her face.

"Lydiaaa!!" Ari cries my name. "I really didn't mean what I said at the café! It was just a push so that you would confess to Theo! I never thought it would've hurt you that badly..." She confesses.

"R-really?" I feel my spirits get lifted.

So all of that... Was just to get me to confess?

When I thought I was giving up Theo, it was actually her who was giving him up?

"Of course! I could never do such cruel thing to my bestfriend..."

"But... How about your feelings for Theo?"

"Don't worry... There are a bunch of other guys in this world anyway." She tells me positively.

"Are you guys saying... There was like a love conflict between you three that I never knew about!?" Maia slams the table. "How come I never knew this!?"

"Hehe, sorryyy!" I apologise to Maia. "Everything happened only recently so I haven't had the time to tell you. Oh and Ari?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you." I pull her into a hug. "Thank you for being such a great friend... If it weren't for you I'd be one beautiful disaster."

"Aww, Lydia!" She hugs back. "Just remember that no matter what, I won't do anything to hurt you!"

"Yeah... Me too!"

"You guys! What about me!" Maia whimpers.

"Come hereee!" I tell her and she joins the hug. "Group hug!"

And after a minute or so we let go and begin giggling like children.

Moments like this...

They always seemed so bittersweet to me.

But now, they're sweet and cherry scented.

I'll treasure this.

And i'm glad that things between me and Ari are ok once again. I shouldn't have worried too much.

After all, she IS my bestfriend.

•••

Question of the day: How would you describe youth?