Chapter 91 - Ghosted

Începe de la început

The two of them have been researching the city of Canaan, and both throw me exasperated looks when I sit down at the table with them.

I grimace softly, setting my bag on the ground by my feet and moving my eyes between the pair "I take it the research hasn't been going well?"

Lydia shakes her head, moving her hand in a circle towards me "Tell us again about your dream last night"

Taking a deep breath in, I reiterate the dream in more detail than I was able to in my text message to Lydia during my rush to get ready this morning.

Lydia scrunches her mouth the side, deep in thought while Malia furrows her brows as she clarifies "You saw a carousel?"

I nod and scratch the side of my head "Yeah, and a big sign that said Camaan, and people disappearing in clouds of smoke."

"Do you ever have nice dreams?" Malia quips and I level her with a look "Not since my abdomen was stabbed with an Alpha's claws– look we just... we need to go to Canaan."

Malia huffs and lifts her hands off the table "Well it would be helpful if we knew anything about the place. I keep calling the number for City Hall and no one answers."

Lydia nods and pulls out a map as she continues with a point to the city che circled on it "The only map I can find it on is thirty years old– so far, the only thing we could find on Canaan is where it is."

I smile brightly at her, standing up and grabbing the map as I announce "That's all we need to know– come on, let's grab Scott and hit the road."

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

About two hours after we started driving out of Beacon Hills the GPS announces we have arrived, Lydia and I sharing a look before I pull over to park on the side of the street behind an old deserted looking car.

"Does this look familiar to you?" Lyds questions and I lean my chest against the steering wheel to look out the front windshield, nodding as I move my eyes around "Yeah– this street looks identical to where the woman was walking."

She smiles softly when I look over to her and we both turn in our seats to look in the back seat where Malia and Scott are both sleeping.

Malia has the side of her head resting against Scott's shoulder, the side of his resting against the top of hers now there's a relationship I can get behind

I smirk over towards Lyds who throws me a knowing look as she mutters quietly "Well that's adorable."

Nodding with her words, a soft smile falling on my lips as I reach back and shake Scott's knee to wake him.

They both sit up quickly, each adorning their own blush of embarrassment for how they woke before Scott clears his throat and looks around "Where are we?"

I sit forward to hide the fact that I'm trying not to laugh at their reactions and clear my throat before stating "According to the GPS– this is it."

The four of us climb out of the car, walking down the leaf strewn street with countless abandoned cars, rickety picket fences surrounding matching rundown houses.

We turn to face the other direction, taking in the what I'm guessing was once a town square now it is covered in dirt and is completely overgrown with weeds