Chapter 91 - Ghosted

Start from the beginning

She is standing in the middle of the street a few feet in front of me and she places her hands onto either side of her head as she screams into the lightning, thunder and wind roaring around her "It's not real– not real, it's not real!"

I rush up beside her, reaching out to place my hand on her shoulder. The woman turns to me, narrowing her eyes at me in confusion before she ages into an old woman in a flash.

The feeling that overcomes me, in one of complete and utter terror. I don't even think twice, dropping my mouth open and letting the scream that has become so natural for me come barreling out of my throat.

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

Scott and I get to the Sheriff's station, Mr. S quickly ushering us into his office when we inform him the reason behind our visit is involving the jeep development with Stiles and our proof he's real.

Mr. S huffs, rolling his eyes as he grabs the door handle and quickly shuts his office door, turning to us as he works through our theory "All right... so the two of you heard a voice coming through the radio, and now you're convinced its the voice of–"

"Stiles" Scott voices before I connect my eyes with Mr. S' as I elaborate "Your son."

He throws us a look like he could not believe us less "Uh huh– and maybe it's just a random signal cross?"

I make a noise, shaking my head to go along with how much that isn't the case "He said our names, he knew a nickname of mine! It was Stiles and plus–"

I trail off, grabbing the keys from my bag and slamming them onto his desk in between us before I continue "Peter gave us the keys to the Jeep and it started right up– Claudia's Jeep you both thought was stolen."

Noah crosses his arms over his chest, a deep frown maring his features as he exclaims "Oh, wait, wait– so now I'm supposed to trust Peter Hale?"

"No– we want you to trust us." I correct him, watching his face soften ever so slightly with my words as he takes a deep breath in and releases it slowly.

Scott sets his hands on the desk before he continues trying to convince the good Sheriff "Look I was just as much on the he wasn't real train, but the way he talked to Addy... we heard Stiles on that radio– it was him, I'm sure of it."

Nodding with Scott's words I shrug, muttering softly to elaborate "If you had heard it too, Mr. S–"

"Well I didn't" he quips harshly, interrupting me quickly– earning Scott to make a noise and urge right back "Yeah, but if you had–"

"Enough, guys!– enough." Mr. S snaps, pushing the keys angrily back across his desk towards us.

I move my eyes quickly between his, feeling the familiar sting in my nose signalling tears are quickly on the horizon I will not cry in front of him again

Biting the inside of my cheek I quickly snatch the keys off his desk, throwing them back into my bag as I turn on my heel and march right out of his office without another word, Scott quickly following behind me.

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

Getting to the school after we left the station, I throw off Scott's concern if I'm alright before he goes to update Liam on our afternoon plans and I head to the library to meet Malia and Lydia.