Chapter 22

I’M BACK!!!
LOVED PSYCHO
AND get well soon Wendy :’(

_______________________________________

Jisoo bit her lip and frantically ran her fingers through her hair like she always did when she was nervous. Her vibrant black eyes stared at the clock. Jennie  was late. She told her that she would pick her up, but it had been thirty minutes since then. She wouldn't answer her phone either. She wondered if something bad happened to her or if she just decided to ditch her at the last moment. Both of those options sounded pretty horrifying. It was why the black haired hoped she was fussing over it for nothing. She wouldn't actually be surprised if Jennie  changed her mind about meeting her parents, but if it was the case, it wouldn't hurt to give her a call and tell her instead of making her worry for nothing. But it was Jennie  that they were talking about it; she definitely lacked manners when it came to those kinds of things.

At least, she could comfort herself by thinking about the fact that Jennie  was definitely warming up to her. She didn't know if it was because they started dating, but she was more open about how she felt. The only things that were still upsetting her were that she never told her that she liked her and she categorically refused to let her touch her. Even after all the love-making sessions between them, wasn't it enough for her to know how she truly felt about her? Was she not trusting her sufficiently? She didn't get it, and that situation was starting to become unnerving.

Jisoo was about to settle down on the couch to try to relax, but she stopped in her tracks when she noticed that Rosé  was already there, a portable game console in her hands, cursing under her breath because she was losing. They hadn't talked much after what had happened a week ago. There was always a particular awkwardness between them now, and they were mostly avoiding each other —or more like the pinkette was avoiding her. Every time that she would start a conversation, she would keep it short and simple. They never really fought before; at least, not to that extent, and she hated it.

"Um…" The girl cleared her dry throat, searching for something brilliant to say. "You've been seeing Lisa quite a lot recently."

She bit her tongue. Talking about her cousin definitely wasn't the smartest idea right now. Although it was the truth; Lisa often came to their apartment to pick her best friend up. She didn't know what was up with that especially after all the drama that happened between them. It was then that she realize that it had been very hypocritical of Rosé  to have snapped at her about Jennie  when her situation wasn't any better.

"We're friends." The pinkette's face scrunched up from annoyance. "We're not dating, we're not a thing and it will definitely not get there again."

"You tried to be friends with her several times already and it never ended well. She will always—"

"I know." Rosé  interrupted her quite abruptly. "But it's definitely different now, so spare me your speech."

Jisoo inhaled deeply. That was a bit cold. Did she do something to upset her? She didn't know. That whole situation was starting to get even more confusing.

After a long and dreadful silence, her best friend heaved a defeated sigh. Her hand went through her pink hair in a very frustrated manner.

"I'm sorry, Chu . I'm being a real jerk to you when you don't even deserve it. I haven't been in my right mind lately." She apologized sincerely, her expression showing deep bitterness. "Lisa suggested to me that I live with her and her folks for a few weeks and I think I'll take her offer. I just need to get away from you for a while."