XV: Sleep With Me

When lunchtime came, Harry was still reading the book. He had already finished it twice, but he was fascinated by the artwork, the colours, and the quality. It had to be a very expensive book and Harry had never gotten a thoughtful present before. Draco had thought about him when buying the book and that made him smile.

When eleven o'clock rolled around, Harry was curled up on his bed, the wonderful book in his hands and his flask by his pillow. He wasn't paying attention to the time and when there was a soft knock on the portrait door, he quickly put the flask behind his back.

Draco soon entered, a smile on his face and he stood over Harry. "What?" Harry asked.

"Hullo, " Draco said. "You look comfy."

"I'd be comfier if you were here with me. C'mon, " Harry patted the spot next to him and Draco sat down, his back leaning against the headboard and stretched his legs in front of him. "See? It's so much better like this."

Draco grinned. "What beast are you reading about?"

Harry beamed up at him briefly before flipping through the pages and saying hurriedly, "Can you believe that an Acromantula can be fifteen feet in length?"

"Fifteen centimetres?" joked Draco.

Harry laughed. "Fifteen feet! And the females are larger!"

Draco trailed small kisses down Harry's neck as he continued to babble about the creatures that he adored.

"That's gross. Spiders are disgusting and they aren't . . .they aren't . . ." he trailed off when Draco's soft lips connected with the lobe of his ear.

"You're cute when you get flustered, " Draco told him, his voice muffled by Harry's hair. "Really cute."

Harry flipped through the pages again but stopped to press his hand against his mouth when Draco bit down a bit. His breathing was ragged as Draco cupped his face gently and Harry felt a hot feeling in his stomach.

"Haha, " Harry chuckled nervously. "The---the spiders are big."

Draco said, "I know you're sitting on that flask."

Harry groaned. "You're no fun. None at all."

Draco kissed Harry's cheek, telling him, "Read me some more. It's . . .interesting."

Harry continued listing creatures and facts about them until he was struggling to keep his eyes open. He yawned, covering his mouth with his hand.

"It's almost four, " Draco whispered, his voice a bit slow. "I should let you sleep."

"Why can't you just stay?" Harry asked quietly. "Then you can just . . .sleep here and . . .and---" he was cut off by another yawn and he put his arms around Draco's neck. Harry nuzzled into Draco's neck, his breath hot and his eyes shut. "---so you don't have to leave. Just for tonight?"

"Yeah, " Draco said as he covered Harry and himself with his comforter. "I'll sleep with you."

Harry opened one eye, the one that wasn't on the side of his face that was pressed against his pillow and Draco blushed deeply from embarrassment.

"I---I didn't mean---" he over-exaggerated a yawn and Harry laughed.

"I know, " he giggled. "I just wanted to make you uncomfortable."

Draco grinned, laying down his head and telling Harry, "Go to sleep."

Harry shut his eyes, relishing the fact that Draco Malfoy was lying next to him, his cologne filling Harry's senses pleasantly.

וווווווווווווו×

Draco opened his eyes, groaning as he stretched. He sat up and looked down at Harry, who was still sleeping soundly. He was grinning as he looked down at his watch, but the grin slid off and was replaced by a frown.

"Oh, no, " he groaned, his palm hitting his forehead. It was already half-past seven, and Blaise and Theo were surely wondering where he was all night.

Draco got up and out of Harry's bed, putting the robe that he wore yesterday on, and he scribbled a note onto a piece of parchment before leaving, reading it over twice.

Harry,
Do me a favour when you wake up: Look in your mirror and smile or laugh. You really do look wonderful.

Draco left, quickly walking down to the Great Hall, running a hand through his messy and unkempt hair. He made it to the Gryffindor table, where Theo and Blaise sat with his school bag.

"Thanks, " he told them. "I didn't think I would have been gone all night."

"Where were you, anyway?" Blaise asked with a raised eyebrow.

"With Potter all night?" Theo grinned. Draco blushed a bit, giving Theo his answer. "And, pray tell, what were you two doing?"

"Just sleeping. Nothing else." Draco answered, grabbing a glass and sipping pumpkin juice, looking back into the cup with interest. "Did you happen to place my essay for Potions in here?"

Blaise looked at him. "We didn't have to do it. We got a new professor after what happened, though only we know what really happened. Professor Dumbledore wanted to keep Potter out of this."

Draco nodded. "No need to call him Potter. He likes to be called Harry."

Theo said, "He doesn't talk to us."

"Well, that's not my fault!" Draco said, throwing his hands up with a laugh. "I'm sure he would enjoy talking to you both."

Blaise said, "Maybe he might."

"Why do you say that, Blaise?" Theo asked his friend.

"Because he's coming this way, mate, " Blaise told them, grinning and nodding his head in the direction of the dark-haired boy. Draco saw Harry walking towards them, his eyes half-closed and his hair messier than usual. Draco noticed that he was clutching something in his right hand.

"You left this, " he muttered, handing Draco his Head Boy badge. "Shut up."

"I didn't say---"

Harry opened his eyes a bit, telling him, "I, unlike you, have a reputation."

He walked away and Draco bit his lip, though he was smiling. Blaise and Theo snickered, but Draco didn't mind. He was too busy thinking of the smart-mouthed boy who had black hair and beautiful green eyes. He hoped he had looked in the mirror when he woke up.

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!