Part-8 (Aaya Mausam dosti ka)

Sitting on the chair adjacent to the desk, Naina again smoothed the curled paper, glancing at it with disbelief.. Sameer sent a message to her to meet, that also throwing from his balcony.. From where he got such courage, she mused.. Then, shaking her head, she got up, unable to sit still.. With some quick stride, she neared to the bed and leaned forward to see her sleeping sister.. She couldn't wait for more to tell her everything.. With a gentle push, she tried to wake Preeti up..

Creasing her brows Preeti looked at her sister in half-opened eyes and mumbled in a sleepy voice, "Kyun disturb kar rahi hai.."

Pulling Preeti's arm strongly, Naina made her sat up, then forwarded the piece of paper, "Yeh dekh.. Sameer ne diya hai.."

Yawning, Preeti took the paper without hearing the last sentence carefully.. But, soon her eyes widened as she read the message.. "Sameer ne likkha!!" she exclaimed in surprise and Naina nodded..

"Oyee hoyee.. Pehla pyaar ki pehle chitthi.." She nudged her sister and Naina replied, hitting lightly on her arm, "Tu na kuch bhi bolti hai.."

"Par usne yeh bheja kaise?" Preeti questioned..

"Balcony se.. Soch, agar koi dekh leta toh.. khas karke Rakesh tauji.. Mar mar ke uske halat hi kharab kar deta.."Naina gulped, thinking about the outcome..

twisting her wrist, Preeti teased, "Kya baat hai behen, tujhe toh khud se zyada uske padi hai.."

Realising what she had blurted, Naina tried to cover up, "Mera matlab ke hum dono ko hi problem ho jaata na.. Aab tu yeh baata ke usse milne jaaun kaise.. Matlab mummy ko kya bolungi.."

Preeti gave a smile, thinking about her studious sister's inability of telling lie..

"Woh sab na tu mujh pe chod de.. Par usse pehle mujhe thande dimag se sochne de.." saying so, Preeti covered herself with the blanket, ready to take another sleeping session..

Seeing Preeti lying down on the bed again Naina objected, "Tu phirse kyun so rahin hai.. Abhi abhi toh bola ki koi idea nikalegi.."

"Devi ji, gyarah baajne mein abhi bhi bohot waqt hai.. Aur agar meri neend puri nahi hui toh meri dimag mein idea nahin aayenge.. Issi liye pehle neend.." Preeti closed her eyes before Naina could object again..

*********

With every passing hour Naina's heartbeat grew faster... About what Sameer wanted to talk.. Would he say something unexpected to her.. The ticking sound of the clock was making it more difficult for her to wait.. Finally, the clock struck eleven and Naina gestured Preeti to do something when Preeti silently assured her about her plan..

"Mummy, main aur Naina zara shefali bhabhi se milke aate hai.." Preeti made the excuse of meeting Shefali knowing very well that her mother won't agree to let them go to terrace without any reason..

"Aab iss wakt kyun??" Bela flicked her brow.

"Kyun waha jaana mana hai kya.. Aap na har waqt jasoos bane rehte ho" Preeti made a sad face..

"Bas kar meri nautanki.. main aise hi bol rahi thi.. chali ja, Par jaldi aa jaana.. Naina, dekhna yeh din bhar waahan baithi na rahe.. Pariksha abhi taak khatam nahi hua, yaad hai na.." Bela give them a reminder.. Naina smilingly nodded while Preeti made a grumpy face before living the room..

When they reached the 2nd floor, the door of Rakesh's flat opened with a click and Shefali came outside..

"Aaree Naina, Preeti.. Tum dono yahan pe kya kar rahi ho?" She inquired smilingly..

"Phans gayi yaar.." Preeti whispered to Naina..

"Woh Bhabhi, chaat pe jaa rahi thi.. Aap bhi kahi jaa rahi ho kya?" with a Nervous smile Naina asked..