Part-3 (Kuch to hua hai)

"Naina..." uttering her name with utmost adoration, Sameer remembered the pretty face that he met just half an hour ago.. The enchanting black eyes of her truly justified her name, Sameer thought while sitting on the edge of his bed.. His lips curved into a sweet smile recalling the unexpected beautiful incident...

"What's wrong with you Sameer, you were never like this.. You always kept distance from girls in your whole academic life.. Now how you can let any girl to take possession of your mind.. You should stop thinking about her..." Sameer tried to shake off his internal thoughts, and decided to take a tour to the balcony of his new apartment...

In between the time, coming out from  the library gate Naina had rebuked herself more than hundred times not for giving a final check in her bag before leaving as she found the library card was not there..
As there was no point of standing outside of the library she decided to go back to home...

********

Resting his hands on the balcony railing Sameer was enjoying the outside view.. He started thinking about his new job at this new city.. In Ahmedabad, he had his mother and nanu to take care of him but here life would be difficult as he was all alone.. He had no idea how he would adjust himself in this new surroundings..

"Hello..." A voice came from nearby.. Sameer's chain of thought broke by this sudden interruption... To find out the source of the sound he turned his head sideways and found a girl waving her hand from the balcony next to his..

The girl flashed her wide smile and said, "Hi, I'm Preeti,Woh kuch der pehle aapne jisse mila tha na woh meri mummy aur behen thi.."

A tiny smile crept on his face at the mention of Naina.. Then, immediately taking control over his thought he continued the further conversation  with her... "Nice to meet you Preeti.. By the way, I'm Sameer.. from Ahmedabad..."

"Haye.. Ahmedabad!!! Hum bhi Ahmedabad se hi hai.. Daas saal pehle yahan shift huye.."

"Kisse batein kar rahi hai Preeti??" her mother inquired from the kitchen..

"Kisi se toh nahi.. Khud se hi batein kar rahi hu.." raising her voice, she gave a quick answer to her mother to avoid further question..

"Accha mein chalti hun.. Nahin toh mummy ne aagar dekh liya na toh bohot daant padegi.." before Sameer could say anything she left in a hurry..

Standing there Sameer wished if there was Naina instead of Preeti & he could talk with her... The smile came back to his face unknowingly...

"No, not again Sameer.. And why are you smiling?? Stop smiling like a fool.." Giving himself a mental warning he entered his room to complete the unboxing..

********

Naina was turning the pages of her text book but the written words seemed alien to her as her focus was in somewhere else...

"Aise kaise bhool gayi main library card check karna... Ab phirse kaal jaane padega.. Yeh sab na uss ladke ki liye ho raha hai.. Kya naam tha uska...  umm.. Sameer, matlab hawa ka jhonka.. Ha, hawa ka jhonka hi toh hai.. Ekdum achanak se meri aakhon ke samne aake Mera aaj ka pura routine ulajh diya.." Naina muttered to herself, accusing Sameer for taking possession of her mind.. She could neither concentrate on her study nor  in other works for rest of the day..