Part - 24

Arjun and Shefali were being flooded with loads of good wishes from the guests. The couple then talked about their most memorable moments of life which brought smiles to the faces of the guests. After a while when Arjun and Shefali's anniversary cake was being cut, Sameer and Naina had a vision where they could see themself in place of Arjun and Shefali. They would be celebrating their first anniversary in the same way. Not just the first one, they would celebrate each anniversary after being married, tenth, twentieth, thirtieth... maybe even more. The sound of clapping brought them back to reality. Catching a glimpse of each other they knew that both were dreaming the same.

A few minutes later, Naina and Preeti were tasked with distributing the anniversary cake among the guests. When Naina neared Sameer, taking the opportunity he said in a low voice, "Paanch minute baad niche chale aana. Main building ke piche tumhari wait karunga." Then, taking a piece of cake from the tray that Naina was holding, he headed downstairs. Stunned, Naina stood there, her heart thudding with anticipation.

However, It took more than ten minutes for Naina to complete her task. Avoiding everyone's gazes Naina stealthily stepped downstairs.

After arriving at the mentioned place when she failed to locate Sameer, she cleared her throat to draw his attention.

"Main yahan hu." As soon Sameer got her signal, he responded, emerging from behind the age-old tree. Spotting him Naina smiled and walked over to him. The hanging fairy lights from the building turned the secluded area into a dreamy one and Naina looked like the princess from any dreamland. Sameer was so lost in her that Naina had to wave her hand before Sameer's eyes to break his reverie, "Aise kahan kho gaye?"

"Aapke haseen rukh pe aaj naya noor hai...
Mera dil machal gaya toh mera kya qusoor hai?" Titling his head Sameer quoted the lines from the song of Mohammad Rafi, his eyes were describing his adulation. His admiration caused her to blush.

To minimise their distance he took a few steps ahead, then said, "Naina, tumhare pyaar mein toh pehle se hi pagal hun, aab itna sundar lagoge toh hosh mein rehna bada mushkil ho jayega.."

His hand lifted to caress her crimson face. Shiver ran down her spine as his fingertips came in contact with her skin. Her heart began to race with the feather-light touch of him.

Sameer's heart also took a speed getting her so close to him. Her plump cheeks, reddened by their proximity, piqued his desire to kiss them. But he somehow took control of his thought before drowning in the deep pool of passion. Taking a few steps back, he retreated behind the tree and appeared moments later holding a rectangular box.

"Tumhare liye.." he said extending the box to her.

Surprised, she took the box, "Yeh kya hai?"

"Kholke dikho," he replied.

As she unwrapped the box and opened it, her face beamed, "Chudiyan!! Woh bhi blue wali... Tumhe kya pehle se pata tha ke main aaj blue saree pehenne wali hun?"

"Madam, isse na telepathy kehte hai... Yeh tab hota hai jab do insaan ke dil ke tar ek doosrein se judh jaata hai.. Jaise ki humara.. Isi liye toh dekho na hum dono aj ek doosrein ke rang mein rang chuke hai. Aur shayad yeh chudiyon se sajne ke liye hi tumhari kalaiyan bhi intezaar kar rahi thi..." Uttering the last line he eyed on her empty wrists.

Naina was surprised looking at her empty wrists. She chose to wear a wristwatch in the evening because she could not find any matching bangles. However, that was also forgotten. It seemed that Sameer could sense her need for matching bangles, therefore he bought this gift for her. Gazing at the glass bangle set, a small smile appeared on her lips.

"Main pehna dun?" With expectancy in his eyes, Sameer voiced his small desire.

With an affirmatory smile, Naina handed over the box to him. He Kept the box on a lower branch of the tree and picked up a bunch of bangles then held Naina's hand. With utmost attention, he slipped them down her wrist delicately. She observed his overjoyed face as he made her wear the set in both hands. After her wrists were adorned with the bangles she lifted her hands and shook the bangles. The tinkling sound of the glass bangles was music to Sameer's ear. How such a simple gift brought her such joy, he mused as he watched her enthusiastic countenance.

Samaina FF : Pyaar Hua, Chupke Seजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें