Part - 25

Sameer sat on the couch in his living room, holding the cordless to his ear. He could hear the worry in Naina's voice as she spoke on the other end of the line, "Kaha the tum? Itni der tak phone kyun nahi utha rahe the?"

"Sorry, woh main dinner kar raha tha, isi liye call utha nahi paya.." Sameer said, his voice gentle and reassuring.

Naina let out a sigh of relief. "Tumhe pata hai kitna tension ho rahi thi mujhe."

Sameer smiled. He could picture Naina's concerned expression even though they were miles apart. Her worry was one of the things he loved about her, as it showed how much she cared.

"Mujhe pata hai, Naina. Yahan pe mere liye itna soche wali ek tum hi to ho." Sameer replied, his tone affectionate.

Naina's voice softened. "Dinner karne mein itni der kyun?"

"Khana ready nahi tha, toh khana pakane mein late ho gaya."

"Toh tumne khana kyun pakaya, humarein yahan chaale aate na."

Sameer's smile widened as he replied, "Main toh practice ke liye cooking kar tha, taki shaadi ke baad khana banane mein Mrs Naina Maheshwari ki help kar saku."

A shy smile touched the corner of her lips as her mind started creating an image of their future. The thought of cooking meals together, creating a home filled with love and companionship, brought a warm glow to her heart.

"Humare aane wala bhavishya ki sapno mein kho gayi ho kya?" Getting no response from her Sameer spoke up bringing her back to the present.

"Haan.." She unmindfully replied then corrected instantly, "Mera matlab nahi..."

Sameer chuckled and stated, "Tum dekhna bohot jaald hum dono ka yeh sapna pura ho jaayega.."

Naina blushed at Sameer's words, feeling a surge of happiness and anticipation. She couldn't wait for their dreams to become a reality, for their future together as a married couple.

After some more discussion about their future and sone additional teasing from Sameer Naina queried, "Accha aab yeh baatao kal ka kya plan hai? Hum milenge na?"

"Sorry, kal hum mil nahi payenge. Mujhe Pandit ke saath kuch kaam tha toh uske office jaana padega." He replied, his voice reflecting his sadness.

"It's okey, main samajhti hun.." She said halfheartedly. The next day was very special to her and she wanted to spend most of it with him. But as it was not possible they could at least have a lengthy phone conversation today, she thought. But her unsaid longing remained unfulfilled with Sameer's response, "Naina, tum bura mat manna. Mujhe na bohot neend aa raha hai."

"Itni jaaldi!!" She was surprised as it was too early for Sameer to sleep.

"Haan, aaj bohot workload tha office mein, isiliye tired hun." His yawing could again be heard.

"Koi baat nahi tum so jaao. Hum kal baat karenge... Good night." Naina tried to mask her disappointment with a sense of acceptance. 

"Good night. Have a sweet dream." He spoke before hanging up the call.

"Jab neend hi nahi aayega toh sapna kaise aayega..." She mumbled to herself as she checked the time. It was twenty minutes to start another day. HER BIRTHDAY...

She wanted Sameer to be the first person to wish her, but he was asleep, totally unaware of her birthday. She had thought to inform him when the clock would strike twelve. But unfortunately, he didn't give her the chance.

"Aise udas hone ka koi matlab nahi hai. Sameer ko tune thodi na baataya ki kaal tera birthday hai. Woh koi mind reader to nahi hain na." One part of her brain consoled her but another part opposed instantly, "Usse pata karna chahiyen tha na... Tune bhi toh uska birthday pata kiya, toh usne kyun nahi?"