"Did I hear Lachlan say the word, love?" I chuckle.

"Am I dreaming?" I hear Josh, ask.

Josh stood at the front door, with a paper bag that said, BamBamBoo, in his hand. The look of wonder on his face. Within a minute, he is sitting next to me, looking into the box like a child. Immediately, he places the paper bag on the table, and he takes the black kitten into his arms. "Hello, sweetheart." He coos, fondly.

Josh.

Confident and boisterous on the outside.

But on the inside? Sweet and gentle.

Yes, in the beginning, I didn't like him.

Why? I was jealous of his friendship with Tia.

However, in Year 12 during English class, our friendship started to blossom. It started with him and me, sitting together in class, to him coming home to study or play video games.

Unzipping the black bag, I take the clothes from inside and start changing, "I was about to leave Hidden Falls, but I heard whimpering." I said, describing the scene, "Then I saw the box hidden underneath a pile of leaves."

"It's official," Lachlan said, holding the white kitten against his chest, "I'm going to call the Vet Hospital to book an appointment for Elsa because I'm going to adopt her and teach her how to be a strong, independent woman."

"Wait, seriously?" I ask, seriously, eyebrows knitted.

"I think it's a good decision," Josh said, brushing his fingers against the black kitten's head, and she started purring in delight. "Please book an appointment for me and Astrid, too, Lachlan."

I chuckle, as I look at Lucas, "And you?"

"Remember how, about two weeks ago, I said Taylor and I were talking about adopting a dog. And, the next day, we went to the Animal shelter and met this gorgeous, five-year-old dog called, June. Tomorrow, Taylor and I are bringing her home and I think it'll be good for her to have a brother. We will be one, big family" Lucas said, smiling, patting the puppy's belly, who was on his back snoring peacefully, "What about you?" I hear.

I look at her, staring into her gentle green eyes, "Sakura." I said, softly.

"Wait, wait I want to know if you and Tia think alike," Lachlan said, grinning like a Cheshire cat. "I want to know if she'll choose a similar or different name for Sakura."

With Sakura in between my thighs, I took the phone off the table, "Despite it being three long years, Tia and I have a strong connection," I said confidently, calling her.

"We'll see," Lachlan mutters.

"Hello, Logan." Tia sang, sweetly.

At the sight of her smiling face, I felt my heart skip a beat.

"Hello, Princess," I said, "Where are you?"

"I am at the office eating delicious Korean food." She said teasingly, placing a piece of meat into her mouth, "Why?"

"I have a surprise for you, love," I said, tilting the phone down.

"Oh my god, Logan, I am in love!" Tia cries, happily.

I chuckle, "What do you want to name her?" I ask.

Tia tries to calm herself down, but she fails, "Mm," She murmurs, trembling with excitement, "First, let's talk about her adorable little face, it's gentle but fierce." I look at Sakura, and nod in agreement, "Then, her eyes, they're beautiful." The expression on her face makes her look like she's under a spell, "I think her name should be, Cherry or Sakura, like the character from Naruto!"

The Nerd and I, One Last Timeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें