CHAPTER 8: Little By Little

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Before you start reading, meet the new author of this book!

This is Chen, our new family member. Also, the author of this book. He tried really hard, he hopes you like this chapter! :)

**

||CHAPTER 8: Little by Little||

Logan

I stood in the corner of the building while I watch Andre place Tia in the back seat of the car. Andre stood there, staring at her sleeping form. He closes his eyes and bites his bottom lip as breathes a sigh of relief. With his right-hand, he removes a white handkerchief from his right pocket and gently presses it over her forehead.

Then down to her eyes, her nose and finally, her cheeks. After placing the handkerchief in his pocket, he brushes the strands of hair from Tia's face before placing a gentle kiss on her forehead. He took a step back to close the car door and leans against it.

I press the button on my black earpiece, "Josh." I said, "I want you to connect me to Andre's phone." From a distance, I can hear Andre's phone ring. For a while he stares at his screen on his phone before looking around suspiciously. "Answer the fucking phone, Alessandro." Turning around, he looks at Tia before taking five steps forward. Andre places the phone against his ear.

"Hello, Andre Alessandro speaking." Andre said.

"Andre Alessandro." I said.

"Who am I talking to?"

"S." I said.

Andre threads his fingers through his hair. He took a deep breath, "Thank you." He said, "Thank you so much for saving her life." I saw a small, thankful smile on his face. From his hair, he places his hand in his pocket, "If it wasn't for you, I would've lost her."

I arch my brow, 'I don't think was him.' I thought. I lick my bottom lip, "Alessandro, I have a question to ask." I said, "Where were you on the 9th of January 2015?"

Once more, Andre took a deep breath, "I-" He started, softly. "I was in prison for the murder of Mr and Mrs Frederick." He looks at the skies, "At first, I was in juvenile detention centre until I was eighteen. After 4 years, for being on good behavior, they let me out of prison in February. It didn't feel right, therefore I hired a private investigator. The woman told me that I was let out because of an influential man. My investigator was going to tell me his name, but she committed suicide."

My eyes widen, 'In other words, she was murdered.'

I glimpse at the dark sky. "Alessandro, do you have people against you?" I ask, curiously.

"I am Andre Alessandro, the heir to Alessandro Enterprises Holdings Inc." Andre said, "When I was 16, I was driving and because I was under the influence of drugs and alcohol, my car hit a car belonging to Mr and Mrs Frederick, the owners of the Frederick Empire." I start to hear the frustration in his voice, "Then instead of serving 12 years in prison, I was in there for 5 years. Once I was out of prison, my father made me President of our company when I didn't deserve it." His voice rises angrily, "Do I have people against me? Well, what do you think!" He exclaimed.