Chapter Thirteen-In Your Head

"Oh junior, you're gonna break your old mans heart" Tony sarcastically said as him, Steve and Thor stood in front of Ultron and the twins.
I felt bad for them, of course, but if they attacked my family then the consequence couldn't be helped. My family. Weird to think. I've only ever thought of Brendon and some other close friends as family.
"If I have to,"it replied as myself, Clint and Nat took cover above.
"Nobody has to break anything" Thor said, the group defensive.

"Clearly you've never made an omelet before" intron replied wittily.
I rolled my eyes as I stood on guard.
"He beat me by one second" Tony grumbled.
"Ah, this is funny Mr Stark...it's what? Comfortable? Like old times?" Pietro's thick Sokovian voice rang out.
"This was never my life" Tony defended as I took notice of all the bombs scattered around.
I knew Tony's intention never was to cause so much destruction, it's just how the path was made.
"You can still walk away" cap bargained as I subconsciously rolled my eyes.
That would never work, Mr Righteous. These kids have a moral compass, distorted by whatever Ultron was feeding them. Lies. It's all they've ever known, I get that.
"No...we will" Wanda said, taking a spin on his words.
"I know you've suffered" Cap said.

'No you don't' i thought bitterly before snapping myself out of it. You're on their side.
"Blah!," Ultron said whilst really reminding me of Tony, "Captain...God's righteous man, pretending you could live without a war...I can't physically throw up in my mouth but..." he trailed off.
I glanced around, having a bad feeling. This idle chitchat was helping nobody. He had something planned. I just didn't know what.
"Well then if you believe in peace...let us keep it?" Thor bargained.
"I think you're confusing peace with quiet" Ultron offered, moving forward slightly.

"Yeah huh, what's the vibranium for?" Tony asked, finally addressing the elephant in the room.
"I'm glad you asked that because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan" he said before sending down the iron legion and blasting Tony into a wall.
A fight broke out between Ultron and Tony, wrestling in the air whilst Steve and Thor took on the iron legion. The twins broke into action, Pietro speeding off. I stayed weary, he was annoying to fight.

I heard gunshots, ducking behind a wall. Looking around, the dealers men were firing. At us. We're the ones trying to help. Men came out as I started to fight, shooting them with ice and knocking them unconscious. Tony and Ultron's fight broke out the top of the roof as robots and humans combined tried to attack. Once they were taken care of here, I went up to join Clint to provide support.
"What's the status?" I questioned when I saw him.
"I don't think it's going well" Clint said.
Cap was down, Thor was down, Nat? Where was she?

Clint shot an arrow that let out a sound wave, knocking all the men unconscious. I felt a presence behind us as Clint turned and stuck a shock arrow against Wanda's forehead.
"Already done the whole mind control thing, not a fan" Clint spat.
"Trust me, hers isn't pleasant" I mumbled as Pietro came and picked her up, shoving us both through a window. He shot us a glare.
"Yeah you better run" Clint said as I groaned.
"Shut up" I whispered in pain.
A pane of glass stuck into my arm as I sat up.

"Whoever's standing, we've got move" I groaned.
"Let me pull that out" Clint said, not giving me time before he removed it.
"Oh wow...ok thanks" i hissed.
After realising nobody was responding, we stood up.
"Somethings wrong" I mumbled.
We couldn't see anyone. Tony was somewhere in the open, Steve and Thor were under wanda's dreams and we couldn't see Nat. Along with that, the vibranium, ultron and the twins escaped.

"Clint..." I mumbled, knowing where they were going next.
"Yeah?" He asked as we rushed to get the team.
"Banner...she's after banner" I said as his eyes widened.
"Tony?" I said over coms.
We rushed and I found Nat, completely out of it.
"Yeah I got it...too late though. Could really use a lullaby" he said.
"That's not gonna happen, the whole teams down apart from me and Everlyn" Clint replied.
I cupped Nat's face, gently rubbing my thumb.
"Nat...come on its me" I gently said.
She was completely out of it.

"I'm calling in Veronica...Everlyn I need your help detaining hulk" Tony replied.
I was torn, wanting to stay with Nat. Yet innocent lives were at stake and my ice can detain him.
"Tony send your female Suit, I'll join you" I said.
Tony created a suit for everyone, apart from Thor and banner. In case we needed to get anywhere, like now. My gauntlets has trackers for the suit as it shot in and attached to my body.
"Get everyone back, me and Tony will detain him" I said, giving a glance to Nat as Clint gave me a reassuring smile.
"She'll be fine" he said before I nodded and shot off.

When I arrived, Hulk was attacking a car as Tony's hulk buster suit was assembling. I shot at Hulk as he turned and grunted at me. Tony shot again to distract him as I helped the woman out the car.
"Get to safety, alright?" I said as she nodded, tears streamed down her face before running off.
"That little witch is messing with your mind. You're stronger than her, you're smarter than her. You're Bruce Banner" Tony said as Hulk yelled.
"Don't mention puny Banner" I said, hovering next to his suit.
"Right, right don't mention puny Banner" Tony said before a car got launched at him.
I dodged whist Tony got hit and hulk dived on top. They both stumbled away then shot into each other again.
"I'll focus on civilians" I said as Tony grunted a reply.
I put up ice barriers to stop rumble hitting them, following the pair and their chaos.

Tony got hit to the floor on his front, hulk diving on top.
"Right in the back? Dick move Banner" he said, flipping the hulk away.
I wasn't fast enough to stop him colliding with the market, but I still sheltered crowds of people.
Hulk came flying back towards Tony as I encased his feet in ice. He looked my direction flinging some rubble at me that sent me flying into a building.
"Stop throwing a tantrum Banner" I groaned, feeling my arm ache from the previous wound.

He dived back at Tony as the hulk buster pinned him, smashing his first against his face repeatedly.
"Go to sleep, go to sleep" Tony kept repeating as I recovered and flew over.
Hulk grabbed his fist as it transformed and encased his arm.
"Let's get him out of town" Tony said as we flew off.
"He's getting angrier" I said as he rammed Tony into a building, freeing himself.
"I noticed," Tony said as he flung Bruce into a wall, "work with me banner" Tony carried on as the elevator gave way.
I grabbed the end wire, allowing the people to get out at the ground.

Tony got flung out, knocking me in the process. Hulk was on the floor on his stomach as Tony rammed the elevator into his back. I put up more ice barriers to stop the civilians from coming to harm and encased the elevator after Tony let it go from shattering on the hulk. The hulk looked up and spat out a tooth, which scared Stark shitless.
"I'm sorry" he said.
They continued on as I secured the building, flying to catch up in the sky.
"That building. Nobodies in it, I'll slam him down" Tony said.
"I'll secure the bottom" i said, racing down as Tony took him threw the middle.
I put up a barrier the whole way round, quarter up. It took a lot of strength that I barely had.

The dust settled as I lowered the barrier, hulk sitting up and looking around as the army came. Tony came over and punched him, knocking him out cold.
"The government won't be happy, we need to move" Tony said, as I nodded.
"Yeah..." I mumbled.
"You alright?" He questioned.
"Drained" I replied as he nodded.

(A/N):So Everlyn didn't have a vision but she might have a nightmare that shows what hydra did.