Good News And Bad News.

Start from the beginning

        "I'm here for Lyric Vargas." I breathed as I tried to hold back the tears in my eyes.

        "Are you a family member?" She asked.

     I rolled my eyes, "I'm her boyfriend. Please, I need to see her." I begged as the tears started to fall.

  She started to type rapidly on the computer, "She's in room 301. Here." She handed me a vistior's pass.

        I quickly snatched it out of her hand and ran towards the elevators. I pressed the up button as many times as I could before it opened. Finally it opened and I rushed inside. Good thing nobody was in here with me because I started going crazy. I kicked the walls, I screamed, and I cried. Grabbing at the sides of my hair, I breathed in and out trying to calm myself down before I started to hyperventilate. The doors finally opened to the third floor and I quickly ran out.

        Pushing doctors and nurses out of the way, I felt like everything around me was going in slow motion, I couldn't breathe, it felt unreal. Who would do something like this to my sweet LaReina? She never hurt anybody, she couldn't even hurt a fly.

        Rounding a corner, I stopped to catch my breath.

        "Rayan." 

   I looked up to see Haven.

        The tears in my eyes came down my face as I sucked in a breath of air and fell into her arms, bawling my eyes out. My shoulders going up and down as I let all of the anger and pain out onto her shoulder.

        "H-how is she?" I asked.

        "I don't know. Nobody went in, we wanted you to be the first one." She replied.

   I let go of her as I looked around and saw the rest of the gang sitting there in total silence. You could see the pain on their faces as well as our parents.

   My eyes immediately fell on my mother and I quickly made my way to her and wrapped her in a big hug. She rubbed my back and began to cry.

        "I think you should go in there, she needs you." She sniffed.

  I nodded my head and pulled away, looking at the numbers on my door that were barely visble through my tears, I grabbed the knob and turned it.

  Quietly walking into the room, I seen her lying there, completely still. The only sound was the machine that helped her breathe. She had minor cuts on her face and her cheek was bruised. 

   I sucked in my breath at the sight. I walked over to her, failing to hold back my tears and kissed her forehead.

        "Who would do such a thing?" I asked aloud.

  I ran the of my hand across her cheek and sniffed, "Please wake up." I whispered.

 I grabbed a chair from the wall and dragged it up close to the bed and sat down. I folded my hands and put my head down on the bed in frustration.

        "Rayan?"

  I lifted my head up and seen her beautiful bright brown eyes searching the place.

        "Rayan, I wanna go h-home." She started to cough. 

 I grabbed the cup of water and brought it to her lips for her to sip on it.

        "She's awake." 

  I looked over to see a young smiling black woman dressed in a white coat with a clipboard in her hands.

        "I'm Doctor Warren." She spoke.

        "Rayan Lopez." I replied. "I'm her boyfriend."

 She nodded and went over to check the machines. "Everything seems to be fine." She assured me.

        "Can you tell me what's going on?" I asked.

        "LaReina was found in the middle of the street almost passed out from a lot of blood that she was losing. She was raped and left for dead. If that woman out there wouldn't have brought her here in the time that she did. LaReina would be dead." She explained.

     I let out a gasp of air, "What woman?" I asked

        "A woman named Margaret?" She said unsurely.

        "Oh, Margaret is a person who works at the studio." I replied.

  She nodded and started writing things down on her clipboard.

        "She should be fine. I'm going to prescribe her medication for the swelling and some prenatal vitamins, she needs iron. We caught the bleeding just in time before it killed the both of them. They'll be fine." She smiled and put stethoscopes in her ear to check her heart. 

        "What do you mean the both of them?" I asked in confusion.

 She looked at me and took the tools out of her ear and looked at me with a sympathetic way, "You didn't know?" She asked.

        "Know what?" I replied.

        "Rayan." She paused. "LaReina's three months pregnant."

 I sat down in the chair, shocked.

        "Congratulations. You're going to be a father." She smiled.