Good News And Bad News.

Rayan

        "I don't want us fighting anymore. How about I cook and we could talk things over dinner? Well okay, I love you. Bye."

        I finished listening to Lyric's voicemail and pressed end.

    I smiled to myself as I grabbed my shoes and began to put them on my feet. I miss my soon to be wife, yes I said soon to be. I know it may look like me and Lyric always fight but we really don't. But then again, what couple is absolutely perfect?

        My point exactly.

   After sitting around and getting my head together, I finally realize how petty our arguement was and I wanted to fix things as soon as possible with Lyric. Even through all the ups and downs, my love for her never changes. I will always love and appreciate that woman, she's brought so much happiness in my life and no arguement can ever ruin that happiness.

        I just want to wait for the right moment to ask her, I want everything to be perfect.

   I grabbed my car keys off of the counter and made my way out to the car. I got in, buckled my seatbelt, and started up the ignition. I backed out of the driveway and headed to the nearest grocery store to buy things for tonight's dinner.

        As I headed out into the main streets, my phone began to ring.

   I reached into my pocket and pulled it out, looking back at the road and sliding my finger across to answer it.

        "Hello?" I answered.

        "Rayan?" I heard a voice from the other end.

        "Mrs. Vargas? Hey, what's going on?" I asked.

        "Rayan, I-I think you'd better get to the hospital as soon as possible." She sniffed.

        "Why Evelyn? Tell me what's going on." My heart started to speed up.

        "It's Lyric, Rayan. She-" 

        "I'm on my way." I cut her off and hung up.

   Trying not to panic, I turned my blinker on and quickly did a U turn at the light and made my way onto the freeway. 

        That's all she had to say and I would've jumped at the start of Lyric's name. 

Trying not to think of the worse things possible, I ran my fingers through my hair and turned the radio up.

        "Coming to you live from 105.5 FM, we have a story on the new upcoming artist Lyric Vargas who has started in the industry just some months ago. Lyric Vargas was submitted into the hospital an hour ago on an account of rape. Suspects are still trying to be sorted out and investigated as soon as possible. News reported that she has lost a lot of blood and could be in serious danger. Prayers going out to her and her family, this is 105.5 FM."

       I couldn't believe what my ears just heard, I was in shock. I was petrified. I can't lose her, I lost her once. I can't lose her again, not forever.

        I quickly pulled into a parking space, not wasting anytime in cutting the engine and hopping out of the car. I ran as fast as I could to the entrance, reaching it within seconds.

I ran through the entrance and looked for the desk. Soon after my panicking eyes landed on it, I ran up to the lady behind it and frantically spoke,