Bed Peace.

Lyric

Rays of light from the sun shone in my face, waking me up almost instantly. I shielded my face from the sun as I got up and closed the curtains. I hate when my room is bright in the mornings.

I looked at the clock that read 9:41 AM. I walked over to my nightstand, picking up a small orange bottle. It read: 'LaReina Vargas. For Depression. Take two pills a day, one in the morning and one at night.' I opened the small bottle and popped a pill into my mouth, taking a swig of water from the glass I always kept on my nightstand.

I got back in bed quietly, staring at the beautiful masterpiece as I lay my head on my hands. That beautiful brown skin and those perfectly chiseled lips that were meant to fit perfectly against mine. That long, black, Creolian hair that lie wildly on my pillows.

As he lie there sleeping peacefully and snoring almost soundlessly, I couldn't help but to stare. Taking in this peaceful moment on this peaceful Sunday. I could be up making him breakfast in bed but I just couldn't get my gaze off of him. Flawless I could say he was but he was more than that. He was perfect. Perfect for me.

My heart started to beat a mile a minute when I started to see his almond shaped eyes start to flutter open. He blinked once or twice before he finally looked up at me.

"Good morning." I smiled..

"Good morning baby." He said in his sleepy and raspy voice.

God, that voice. I can listen to him talk all day.

"How was your sleep?" I bit my lip as I stared at him.

"I loved it, your bed is really comfortable."

I laughed, "That's why I bought it."

We both shared a few more laughs before he stopped and stared at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Did you take your pill?"

"Yes, I did." I rolled my eyes and pushed the covers off, getting out of bed. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go brush my teeth." I said walking to the bathroom.

Before I got to the door I felt strong familiar arms wrap around my body and spin me around.

"I love you." He whispered in my ear.

"I love you too." I laughed, "now put me down."

"Mm, nope. It doesn't sound convincing." He picked me up bridal style and started walking to the bed.

"Rayan Lopez, put me down!" I started kicking my feet, almost dying from laughter.

He spun me around a few times before gently placing me on the bed, placing himself in between my legs, both arms placed on either side of me. I caressed his hair with both hands before saying,

"I love you." In the most sincere voice.

We stared at one another before he placed his soft slightly plumped lips onto mine. We kissed for about five minutes before we took a breath like it was our last.

"You want to know how much we love each other?" I asked.

"How much?"

"We love each other enough to have a make out session with stinky breath." I giggled.

He shook his head and chuckled, "Because I love everything about you, even your morning breath. You're amazing." He flashed that smile that melts my heart.

"I have something else that's amazing too."

Before he could say anything else, I got up and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and fix my hair a little bit. When I was done, Ray was waiting in the hall to get into the bathroom. "She's all yours." I smiled.