It was only then that I realized that I shouldn't have approached him...

The purple haired guy grabbed a middle aged looking man by his necktie and in his other hand there was a dagger reflecting the weak light coming from the streets. I hadn't noticed it before but there were small drops of blood dripping down on the white snow. And there was also something else or rather someone else laying next to them in the snow.

The darkness made it hard to clearly see but what met my eye was already too much.
It was a woman laying there... but her arms and legs were cut off and spread around her head in pool of dark red blood mixed with something that looked like intestines... as if someone had created a brutal work of art.

I wanted to scream and run but the shock had frozen my body and silenced my voice.

"San? San, what's going on?" Seonghwa's voice echoed somewhere in the back of my head but my eyes were fixed on the scenario in front of me.
I realized that half of the man's face was completely torn and cut open and a few of his fingers were missing. He barely moved but rather quivered, his one eye staring at the murderer terrified.

"Hmm, so now you take me seriously, huh?" The purple haired guy spoke with a soothing yet threatening voice.
Without warning he suddenly rammed his dagger deep inside the man's chest just to pull it out and stab him again and again while the dying man fell to the ground lifelessly. But he didn't stop and with every hit I heard the disgusting noise of bones breaking and muscles being pierced.

The shock I was confronted with was taking over my body and I felt like fainting until I suddenly dropped my phone.
With a silent, yet way to noisy sound it landed on the concrete making the killer's head shoot up immediately. His face was terrifyingly beautiful, yet the blood lust and amusement showing in his expression send shivers down my spine.
It was like looking at an insect displaying beautiful colors on its body but secretly carrying a deadly poison.

"Oh...Hello there." He said and his lips curled up into a smirk as if greeting a good friend.
In that moment I finally snapped out of it and and grabbed my phone from the ground before running.
I had never been this fast before and I didn't look back. He was going to kill me!! Why was I so stupid?! Why didn't I listen to Seonghwa?!

It couldn't have been much time when 3 police cars came heading to where I was running from. They didn't even notice a guy running for his life right in front of them even when I yelled for help...

Although I should have felt relieved that someone had called the police I still didn't stop running until I entered the dorm and locked my door.
Out of breath, I kicked my shoes off, dropped the back pack with the groceries and made my way to the bathroom to splash cold water into my face. In the mirror I could see my distorted reflection that looked back at me in fright.
Before I knew what was happening to me I was already leaning over the toilette and vomiting everything I had eaten this day. The acid hurt in my throat causing tears to built in my eyes.
This was too much... the horror I had witnessed. The blood I had seen and the purple haired guy's face. It was staring at me every time I closed my eyes so I wasn't able to get at least a minute of sleep the whole night.

Instead I just sat there on my bed... staring at the wall and not daring to turn off the lights or opening the curtains.
My phone was a little damaged and the battery had went to 0% but no matter for how long I put it on the charger, it didn't work.

It was 3 am right now and the silent ticking of the clock was the only thing that calmed me down a bit while I kept staring at the ceiling.
Suddenly, I heard a click sound and the front door to my dorm room opened with an aggressive swing.
N- no! Did he follow me?! Did he find me?
But the newly arriving panic swept away when I heard the worrying voice of none other than Park Seonghwa followed by another guy that I didn't know.

"San? San! Thank god, were you playing a prank on me or what?!" he held his head with a sigh.

"You didn't answer your phone anymore so I thought something happend to you and I asked Yeosang to drive me here and look for you and-" he stopped when his gaze fell on my face. I didn't know how I looked like but if it resmebled how I felt then it was pretty bad. What happend a few hours ago didn't want to leave my head as much as I tried and I didn't dare to move fearing to spot the killer on the streets in front of the dorm. Looking at them was like finally being able to breath.

"Wow, what happend to you?" The other guy, Yeosang asked and followed Seonghwa who sat down next to me and wrapped his arms around my shoulder for a moment.

"San, please. Talk to us... we are your friends." he whispered and the other next to him nodded. I remembered having seen him around campus a few times and although I didn't know him I just couldn't keep quiet about the murder I had witnessed.

"There was this guy and... and he stabbed a man and i- in the snow there were limbs of a woman. He turned around and saw me so I ran b- but he'll definitely search for me now!" I panicked but Seonghwa grabbed my hands to prevent me from accidently hurting myself to calm me down.

"I told you not to go there." he stated with a pained expression and I knew he was right. I was pathetic as always... tears started building up in my eyes again and I lowered my head to not show them. I wouldn't cry again.

"I think my father told me about something similar." Yeosang remembered and made both of us wait for him to explain.

"My father is a police officer of higher status in this part of Seoul and he told me that for about 3 mounths, every week they find at least one corpse somewhere in the city center but they never had any clue who the killer is. The strange thing about this is that every one of the victims was a criminal themselves... perhaps you saw him! You could tell the police how he looked like!" he excitedly offered.

"I didn't really see his face in the darkness" The response came as if it was a reflex although I was well aware that I saw this guy's face... the problem was that he saw mine too.
However, Yeosang himself quickly realized that this wasn't the right time to bring something like this up.
To be honest I didn't exactly know why I lied but it was something like an unspoken fear of the killer comming after me... I didn't want to remember him or have anything to do with that. If I really tried then maybe I could forget about it.

"Hey, but think about it. If you couldn't see his face it is kinda likely that he didn't see yours too so you don't have to be afraid that he'll search for you." Seonghwa tried to cheer me up but I was still sceptical.
If I remembered correctly I had a mask and a hat on anyway so the only parts that the murderer could have seen were my eyes and with so much distance he wouldn't recognize them, right? 

Yeosang and Seonghwa spent another half an hour to cheer me up a little more until I actually felt a little like relaxing again.
When I assured them that I was okay, which was partly right, they begrudgingly left to drive back when it was already early in the morning.
With a last big hug Seonghwa quietly closed the door and left me alone in the dorm again.

Finally, at 4 am I was able to fall asleep for 3 hours even though I woke frequently.
_______________________________________

How did you like the first chapter?
^ㅇ^

(Currently reading over this and purifying the plot from cringe)