Chapter 7 -edited-

Start from the beginning

"Y-yes," the look made me nervous....and excited.

"I'll take your plate since the kitchen is a disaster," He said, grabbing all the dishes and piling them up in his arms. Before he left, I blurted out, "Thank you."

He smiled, entering the kitchen and returning later. "would you like to hang out in the living room? At five, I have meetings and such. You will meet with Katie, Jace's mate; she wants to get to know you more. You will be hanging out until about 8 o'clock. She will pick you up and drop you off." he stated. He seemed always to plan my day out like I was a child, but I nodded, saving my breath. Marcus headed over to the living room.

'Closer,' Cleo practically begged.

Remembering I had to ask Marcus something for Beth, but also that she had told me to flirt, which made me nervous. "I have a question for you," not the intro I planned, but I would make it work. I started to twirl my hair around one of my fingers, leaning in for effect. His breath went shallow. He wiped his mouth with his hand and swallowed. "so I was wondering if Beth's brother could come to meet her."

"no," he growled.

"why not? You know the pack, not the person," I tried leaning back.

Marcus paused, staring straight at me. "Did she put you up to this?"

"I want this for her, plus Beth does so much, and This is, as I know, the only blood family she has. She loves you, but she needs to experience her blood brother." it was true. I hope this worked... leaning in. I made my face close to his, batting my eyelashes, and said. "please, Marcus." in the same pathetic tone Beth used earlier in the week.

He looked almost lost; shaking his head, he said, "Fine, but only if I'm there and Kyle is around," he added, "And you give me a kiss."

This man was insane.

"What?" I muttered.

"a small one, las," he grinned, cupping my face with one of his hands, another meeting my waist. His hands felt better than anything I had experienced, and I couldn't concentrate, only nodding my head.

Leading in, I pressed my lips against his, not knowing what else to do. He must've caught on because he moved his lips against mine. It felt like euphoria; I could get lost in him, which was dangerous. My mind was blank as we practically made out. His hand shifted off my face, slipping it to the back of my head, brushing my ears in the process... Not meaning to, I let out a small groan. In an instant, His hand was tracing my ear, and I couldn't help but pull my head back, letting out a long moan. My ears were always sensitive; I didn't know if that was a me or a panther thing. Embarrassed, I looked down at him. His eyes were pitch black. I got off the couch, covering my face with my hands. "Sorry," I squealed.

Marcus closed his eyes, breathing in. Once a moment passed, his eyes fluttered open. They returned to the chocolate brown color. "it's OK. Also, someone's ears are very sensitive. That is very much noted:" he groaned. This man would be my downfall.

'More,' Cleo hissed

"you can sit back down. I won't do anything, and Beth can have her brother over," he assured me as I caught my breath. Getting up, I walked to the other end of the couch, sitting as far away from him as possible. Marcus looked amused, grabbing the remote. "you don't have to sit so far away," he laughed. "I'm going to turn on an action movie. I know that romances were not your cup of tea. This is called a race to glory."
.

.

After the movie, the clock read 2:45 pm. "Well, that wasn't as good as I thought," Marcus stated, stretching into a standing position.

"Marcus," a deep voice rang out from the top of the stairs, undeniably Kyle.

"Kyle?" Marcus asked, walking to the bottom of the stairs. I stayed on the couch, trying to keep calm from our previous interaction.