Chapter 10: Abuse

Start from the beginning

And how was I going to explain the bruise to him? I didn't need to look in the mirror to know I had a visible mark after a blow so inhumanly strong. It then dawned on me that he could've broken my jaw or given me a serious concussion... This wasn't to be taken lightly anymore.

It was only about 11 a.m. and I was already tired. All this stress was definitely affecting the state of my head. Maybe someone should tell him that beating my memory back into my head was not going to work! 

I slowly drifted into a dream that took me away from there.

---

There was a man. It sounded like there was one voice shouting at first, but no. There was talking across each other, arguing, screaming. No, two men. Suddenly I heard a strange, disgusting noise, a noise making me sick. Someone's flesh was burning. I wanted to cover my ears, but at the same time, I knew I couldn't. 

And the smell! Horrific.

The shouting faded away, until I was only hearing the evil laugh of an angel. Yes, the voice sounded like the voice of an angel. An angel I resented, not from heaven, but a creature of darkness. Archangel. 

That poisonous tone of voice. I wasn't seeing anything, only pitch black darkness, I had to rely on my hearing.

The laughing echoed through the darkness, my subconcious knew something was wrong. The hairs on my arms stood. I was so shocked, my body shivered, shook, trembled...

I just lost something. Something, someone, where was it? Please, no! Give him back! I felt like a part from my inside was taken away.

The smell of roses was filling the air around me and it made me terribly dizzy. I did everything to stay awake, but I was falling into an abyss.

Slowly, intimately, painfully...

Stay awake!

---

My eyes shot open. I was awake. Just a nightmare. Again.

Thanking God for waking me up from that horrible nightmare which had imprisoned me, I sat up. It was the fact that everything was so empty, and particularly because it was empty, it was sheer mental torture.

I couldn't stand being in this room any longer, I didn't care if he was far away or waiting for me on the other side of the door. Nothing and nobody was going to force me to anything. My wellbeing was what counted. Determinedly getting up, I almost broke the door in an attempt to open it. And guess who I found on sleeping on the floor in front of my chamber.

I wasn't going to wake him. He should get all the back pain, and a stiff neck as well, I didn't care in that moment. He had dark green markings on his face, the doc inside me recognized them as the exact pattern of his face arteries. Damn, that blood was special to say the least. Was he in some kind of trance? 

There wasn't many people who could sneak up on him, I knew it. So I had two options: he was literally faking it, or it was some kind of serious supernatural sleep/meditation/trance. For all I care, bitch.

Gracefully stepping over his body, I took my bag and left. If I had only taken the car, I wouldn't have had to wait till the taxi was here. I was fearing to find Loki behind me any second.  I finally arrived at my 'real' house and I stepped in without hesitation. I was hearing the TV and his car was outside,  there was no doubt that Tom was at home.

"Tom?"  I called out and entered the living room. I didn't see him at first, but heard the sound of an object hitting the floor and a suppressed cuss following.