Chapter 11: Collision

Jacqie's dream came true. She went to Istanbul, Turkey for the first time. She couldn't thank Seb enough for that.

On Thursday morning, Jacqie and Vania went to the airport. "Jacqie, thanks for bringing me to Turkey," Vania said happily.

Jacqie thought that Vania didn't have to say that to her. "Please don't say thanks to me, say thanks to Sebastian."

Vania then laughed, "Okay Jacqie, I will thank him when we meet him."

They had a flight from Jakarta to Istanbul for about 15 hours. It made them tired for sure. They arrived at Ataturk Airport at about 8 p.m., Turkey time.

From the airport, they went to a hotel which was recommended by Seb. It took around 20 minutes to get there. And when they arrived, Jacqie went to the receptionist. Thankfully, she talked with using English.

"Good evening Miss, can I help you?" the receptionist asked Jacqie politely.

"Good evening. I'd like to make a reservation for 4 days, only one room. It can be with two single beds or one double bed."

She immediately put her fingers on the computer keyboard, ready to type her name. "Okay. Now what name will the reservation be listed under?"

"Jacqueline van Thompson."

Looked like the receptionist was thinking for a moment before she said, "Hmm sorry, but if I'm not mistaken, someone has reserved a room for you, Ms. van Thompson."

Jacqie was surprised to know that. "Really? Who is the person that reserved a room for me?"

"Let me check it first." The receptionist checked it on the computer. Then, when she found it, she told her. "It's Mr. Sebastian Vettel," she said with a smile.

What?

When Jacqie was thinking about how and why he prepared everything for her weekend in Istanbul, the receptionist called her. "Sorry, Ms. van Thompson."

"Oh sorry. So he has reserved a room for me." She didn't even realize whether what she said was a question or a statement.

"Yes, you can stay at room 410. And here's your key card. Have nice days!" She gave the key card to her who was still feeling confused.

"Okay, thank you very much."

After Jacqie took the card, she went to Vania who was sitting on a sofa at the lobby. "Vania, Seb has reserved a room for us," she said to her.

Vania was surprised as well. "Really?"

"Umm yeah... He didn't tell me."

"Maybe he wants to give you a surprise," she chuckled.

"But-"

Before Jacqie continued to talk with her, her phone was ringing. Seb was calling her. "Hello..." Jacqie greeted him.

"Hi, Jacqie! Where are you? Have you arrived at the hotel now?"

She nodded, although she knew that he couldn't see it. "Yes, I am. I'm sitting at the lobby with Vania."

"Okay, that's good."

Then she thought that she had to ask him about the reason why he reserved a room for Vania and herself. "Seb, may I ask you something?"

"Yes, please."

"Why did you reserve a room for me?"

She heard him laugh for a moment. "Oh yeah, please don't think about that."

"Seb, please-"

"I'll meet you at your room, okay? I want to talk with you and also meet your friend."