Chapter 20: Celebration

2010 was a very special year for Seb as his dream came true. He became the Formula 1 world champion. A day after the race in Abu Dhabi, he and also his team had a flight to Austria.

Then, about a week after he got the title, his hometown, Heppenheim, celebrated his WDC title. He asked Jacqie to go there. He explained that she had to go to Frankfurt first, and he would pick her up from the airport to Heppenheim.

That was her first time to go to his hometown. She would also know his parents' house. She arrived there with Elisa and Vania on Saturday, 20th November, and the celebration was going to be held on the following day.

They arrived at Frankfurt airport at about 9 a.m. and Seb had been waiting there. They hugged him right after they found him.

"Hi, all! Thanks for coming here," Seb said happily.

"With pleasure, Seb. I think that tomorrow is gonna be very interesting," Jacqie expected so.

"Yes, I think so."

Elisa said, "People of Heppenheim must be really proud of you, Sebastian."

"Yes, I agree with you, Elisa."

Seb smiled sheepishly. "Thank you, Elisa, Vania. I'm very happy that they've prepared a celebration for me. Okay, let's go to Heppenheim. You all will stay at a hotel near my family's house."

"Okay, thanks, Seb."

They entered his car and went to Heppenheim. On the way, Seb told so many things about his hometown. He told the girls about his childhood house, his high school, and also his friends.

"I think that you are going to like Heppenheim, Jacqie."

"Yeah, I think that I'll like it after I heard a lot from you. I' so looking forward to arrive there."

"My family are waiting for you," he told her.

"Really? I can't wait to see them!" She was so excited even though she was actually nervous to meet his parents.

Finally, they arrived in Heppenheim. It was a beautiful town. She saw so many classic houses there. Seb was very lucky to be born there, she thought to herself.

Then, they directly went to Seb's house. He parked the car in front of the house, and they went out from his car.

"Welcome to Heppenheim!" Seb said right after he closed the door.

"Thanks, Seb! This town is so classic and beautiful."

Vania looked around Seb's house. "Agree. You were born in a beautiful town, Seb."

"Thank you. Come on! Let's go inside!"

They walked closer into the house and Seb pressed the doorbell. Heike opened the door and she immediately hugged her. "Guten tag, Jacqueline!"

"Guten tag, Mrs. Vettel," she greeted her sheepishly.

She was a bit surprised that Jacqie could reply her with her language. "I think that you've known German now. Am I right?"

She chuckled. "Hmm, not really. I just know some simple words."

"You can learn from Sebastian," she suggested her. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, thanks. What about you?" she asked her politely.

"I'm fine too," she smiled.

Jacqie almost forgot as she hadn't introduced her sister to her. "Hmm, by the way, this is my sister, Elisa. I think that today is the first time for you to meet her."