Once he found it, Jisung sighed in relief and threw it into his backpack. He slung the bag over one shoulder and tiredly walked out of class.

Too exhausted to run, Jisung took his time to walk down the hallway and turned the corner. He passed by a door and something caught his eye.

It was the washroom.

Jisung stood still. He felt a rush run through his body. He recalled Hyunjin's serious words, warning him to never enter the washroom on the second floor. But why? What's the secret? He so, so badly wanted to find out.

And that's exactly what he was determined to do.

He stood before the door, heart pounding in his throat. He felt sweat drip down his neck but before he could change his mind, he turned the door knob and in one full swing, he threw the door open.

The sound of Jisung's bag hitting the floor broke the silence. His eyes stayed wide open, staring right at the boy crouching in the opposite corner, who froze upon seeing Jisung.

It was the first time they made eye contact.

Felix was a mess.

For solid minutes, Jisung stood still, allowing his brain to process what he was observing. Felix's oversized grey shirt was ripped, exposing dried up blood on his pale skin. His eyes were swollen not just from excessive crying, it seemed like his right eye had received a strong punch. His jaw had one large, purple bruise. He chewed on his lips, eyes glassy with tears he was fighting to hold back. The sight made Jisung cringe. Just how much pain was he in?

Automatically, Jisung found himself approaching the boy, who shrunk back and held his breath. With each step forward, his heart ached so incredibly bad. He dropped to his knees. Felix avoided his gaze and had shrunken back as much as he could. Without a word, Jisung carefully wrapped his arms around the blond.

"It's okay now, I'm here."

The words were enough permission for Felix's body to melt right into the embrace. Jisung felt his brand new hoodie being soaked in tears, but he didn't mind at all. His heart twisted. He rubbed calming circles on the fragile boy's back, and let his free hand thread through Felix's untamed hair.

Felix, on the other hand, was overwhelmed.

He felt comfort. Consolation. Something he never felt before. He timidly snaked his arms around Jisung's body and gripped onto the fabric like it was his lifeline.

Jisung did not care that a lot of time had passed. He let Felix stay in his arms until the sniffles subsided. He even whispered comforting words that he wasn't fully aware of, so long as he was able to make the boy feel in the least bit better.

After a moment of silence, Jisung pulled back and held Felix by the shoulders. Felix's gaze remained down-turned. Displeased that he continued to avoid looking at him, Jisung moved his hands to cup Felix's face softly. Their eyes locked. Jisung brought his face close enough to touch their foreheads. The rosy blush on Felix's tear-stained cheeks was very much visible, and so was the hope in his pretty eyes, tinged with traces of fear. Jisung took a deep breath, full of determination.

"You're coming home with me, and I won't let you refuse."

▬▬ι═════════════════ι▬▬

▬▬ι════LEE FELIX════ι▬▬\ 19 \ FRESHMAN \ PRECIOUS \ WISHES FOR HAPPINESS \ LOVES THE STARS \

\ 19 \ FRESHMAN \ PRECIOUS \ WISHES FOR HAPPINESS \ LOVES THE STARS \