18 - Mirrors

I sat on my bed with my turquoise colored pen on top of my lyric book. My guitar was placed in my hands and I was randomly stunning beats.

That's when it hit me.

I didn't have to write a song about Mat, I could write a song about someone, aka me, talking about falling in love with someone, aka Mat.

After about 2 more hours of writing, Becca came into my room in a bright purple jersey, "I heard your guitar and I just wanted to make sure that you're getting ready for the game." She said.

I'm not sure how I forgot, but today was the infamous hockey fights cancer night where all of the players wear purple jerseys. My family is coming to this game.

"Yeah" I said stretching, "I'm getting up now." Becca nodded and headed out of my room.

——
I grabbed my car keys and downed my glass of water, "So who am I taking in my car?" I asked.

Raelynn raised her hand, "You're taking me, Danny, and Sam. Moms taking Becca and Mikey." She said, placing Sam in her car seat and picking it up to take outside.

I nodded and started walking outside and noticed a herd of people outside of our fence with cameras. Freaking great.

"Want me to go ask them to move?" Danny asked me, not even realized that I had stopped in my tracks.

I shook my head, "No, they'll move the second I mention the police." I said. I got into the drivers seat with Raelynn across from me as Danny got into the back with Sam.

I got the button on my remote I had in my car and it manually opened the gates. I drove straight and people started surrounding my car.

Eventually it got bad, so I rolled down my window, "Would you guys mind moving? I need to leave my house." I said politely.

The only thing I heard was,

"How's Mat?"
"When are you going back to LA"
"How many times did Justin cheat on you"

"Look do you want me to call the cops and resolve this, or do you want to just leave my house?" I asked a little bit on the rude side and the reporters got quite, moving out of my way.

Raelynn laughed, "Somones a little bit grumpy." I smiled and playfully hit her shoulder, "Coming from the usual grump of the house."

"I can vouch for that." Danny said, making me laugh this time.

We pulled up to the hockey rink with about an hour before puck drop. It was perfect timing because the Islanders wanted us to take pictures for their organization.

I offered to grab Sammy and Rae complied, allowing me to hold her child. We walked into the arena and I led the way to where my dad wanted us to wait.

We saw that some other players were getting their pictures taken with a piece of paper that said "I fight for...." and they could put whatever they want.

After they were done, we all stepped forwards and got next to each other. I quickly scribbled into the paper 'We fight for Rebecca Trotz' and held it up, putting on the best smile I could.

——

"She closed the door
She hides behind the face nobody knows
She feels her skin touch the floor
She wants to fight
Her eyes are tired, nobody's on her side
She wants to feel like she did before
She looks into her mirror
Wishing someone could hear her, so loud
And I need love, to hold me closer
In the night, just enough
I need love to hold me closer
In the night, just enough
To feel my body come alive
When my bones start breaking, my heart starts shaking
I need love, need love
The coffee's cold
He turned around and said "I hope you know
You're beautiful, have you ever been told?"
She's a little shy
As he walks away, she slowly breaks a smile
The skies are blue, haven't been for a while
She looks into her mirror
Wishing someone could hear her, so loud
I need love to hold me closer
In the night, just enough
To feel my body come alive
When my bones start breaking, my heart starts shaking
I need love, need love
Oh, oh whoa
Oh, oh whoa
She closed door
She hides behind the face nobody knows
She feels her skin touch the floor
I need love to hold me closer
In the night, just enough
To feel my body come alive
When my bones start breaking, my heart starts shaking

I need love, need love" I finished strumming the last chord and looked up at Mat. They had won their game and Mat insisted on coming back over to hear my song.

"It's magnificent." Mat said with a smile, leaning in and kissing my lips, "You somehow amaze me more and more each time."

I smiled as my cheeks shaded pink, "You really think that?" Mat nodded, "Of course." He moved my guitar aside and basically tackled me, making us lay down straight as he laid his head on my stomach.

I ran my fingers through his wet hair softly. Thank god he showered because hockey players smell awful after a game. As I heard Mats breathing get slower, I checked my phone and saw that I had a message from my least favorite person at the moment.

Andrew
writers are coming tomorrow ! be ready 😄

"Fuck." I muttered a little too loudly and Mat stuck his head up, "What's wrong."
I groaned, "Well, my asshole of a manager randomly decided that he wanted me to work with my writers so he's flying them in tomorrow morning but Sof's coming in tomorrow as well."

Mat frowned, "So why don't you just get a new manager? It shouldn't be that hard." I shook my head, "He made me sign a contract at 18 and I still have a couple of months left with him."

Mat sat up a little bit and his face got a little bit more serious, "If he does anything to you, let me know, okay?"

I grinned, "Aww look at you getting over protective." I said, pinching his cheek teasingly. Mat rolled his eyes and took my hand off of his cheek and holding it in his own, "I'm serious."

"I know." I said with a smile.

SORRY THIS CHAPTERS SO SHORT!! I kind of didn't have anything left for this chapter because the idea I have for the next one shouldn't be crammed into this one.

BUT HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Best of luck to you guys💗
I'm only 15 and I have school again tomorrow since breaks over and I've been finishing so much work ! And on top of that I'm trying to balance doing competition cheer and trying to train for softball earlier to maintain my spot on varsity and the stress is real and now I just realized I'm ranting😭

And on like a side note, Wattpad is low key like a savior to me because if I'm ever feeling antisocial or just like I need a stress reliever, I just get on this app. And the constant support from you guys make my mood like 10000x better

but yeah, the next chapter should be back to normal length, which is about 2,500 words for these chapters.

but thanks for your support, I really appreciate it!!!
P.S. I also really miss one direction, idk if that's just me.