28; epitome of perfection

2 WEEKS LATER

Things were far from normal right now, but I was definitely happy to say that things were getting better. We all missed Rebecca like crazy, and we always will, but we were able to cope with things better now.

It was almost February, meaning that I had to go back to LA in about a week. The NHL was on their all star break, meaning I did have time to spend with Mat, which was always a positive.

A knock on my door erupted me from my thoughts and Raelynn walked in with Sammy. The two of them plopped down on the bed next to me, looking exhausted.

"Good morning to you, too," I said with a laugh as Sammy crawled over to my lap.

"We got absolutely no sleep last night," Raelynn frowned, rubbing her stomach, "I've been having morning sickness and Sammy's been teething. Between those two things, I've been getting no sleep at all."

I frowned, "I could watch her for a little bit if you want to get some rest," I said with a shrug, and Rae's eyes lit up, "Youre the best."

Raelynn scurried out of my room, not before placing a kiss on Sammy's head, and ran to her room, eager for sleep.

Her plan was probably to dump Sammy in here all along.

"Well, Sammy, I guess it's just me and you now," I said with a smile.

As if on cue, my door opened again, but this time, a messy mop of brown hair made me smile. Mat came over and placed a kiss on my cheek, "Morning Ri."

I smiled up at him, "Good morning."

Mat sat down on my bed on the other side of Sammy, "Morning to you, too, Samantha."

Sammy giggled at him and stood up on the bed, beginning to play with his hair. It was something she recently started doing that made all of us laugh.

"How're you feeling today?" Mat asked me, looking into my eyes with a genuine smile. I brought my legs up to my chest and wrapped my arms around my legs comfortably, "Better."

"Good," he smiled, giving some attention to Sammy, "So I wanted to ask you a question, and I am completely okay with you saying no."

For some reason, I started getting nervous. Was he going to try and stop me from going to LA? Was he going to break up with me?

"I was wondering if you would want to come back home with me for like 3 days," Mat said, a hopeful look on his face, "We'll be back in time for you to spend time with your family before you leave to LA. But if you don't want to it's fine."

I anxiousness faded as a smile made its way to my face now, "I would love to."

"Really?" He asked with a goofy smile. I nodded and he scooted closer to me, placing a short kiss on my lips, "My mom is going to be so excited."

"I can't wait," I said with smile, "But first, I'm gonna need you to watch Sammy while I do something."
————

"————