Part 2

It was kind of funny how wrong Charles was. 

This camp was not fun. Not fun at all. Erik could tell this immediately during the first activity they did. 

Right before the first activity, however, the camp councilors introduced themselves. First up was Schmidt. Then the Frost Queen (who liked "Frost" better). Then Wolverine. Shadowcat, Cyclops, Banshee, Darwin, Phoenix, Azazel, Storm, Psylocke, Pyro, Beast, and Rouge. 

The first hint that Erik was given about this not being was how most of the councilors treated the grade like babies. They weren't two year olds!

There were a couple councilors that seemed to not treat them like babies. Wolverine treated them like adults. As did Storm, Shadowcat, and Phoenix. 

The second hint Erik was given was the first game they played. It was a "get to know what your classmates like and/or have" game. Which really put Erik over the edge. He came from a poor family that sometimes- most of the time- didn't have food for dinner. 

Plus most of the subjects were pets and objects owned by students. Erik only got one chance to be "I have one" section and that was for "do you have a dc comic book". 

What made it worse was Charles was staying by his side the whole time. Charles refused to move unless Erik moved. So Charles was put in the "I don't have" section with Erik even though Erik knew Charles did have the things listed.

The fact that they were throwing everyone's luggage out of the vehicle it had been carried in was the third reason Erik knew this was going to be a bad trip. They didn't even care about their visitors' stuff. Who knows what is in the bags they are throwing on the ground! 

After about an hour of playing different games, the camp councilors sent everyone to grab their bags. Erik scowled once again at the sight of everyone's scattered bags, pillows, and sleeping bags. 

Erik grabbed an old, battered sleeping bag, a grey suitcase, and a pillow that had no sheet covering it. 

Another thing that sucked about this field trip was the sleeping arrangements. There was a large building that had rooms for the visitors and there were seven cabins. Charles had a bed in one of the many cabins. But Erik had a room in the large, good-for-nothing building by himself. 

'Course, the by himself part was good for Erik. But poor Charles had to spend the nights there with a bunch of popular, football, most likely straight boys. 

Ah, yes. And then there was that. 

Both Charles and Erik were gay. Well, Charles was bisexual, but still. Both of them had a crush on the other. But neither of them was brave enough to say anything. 

Charles was too scared to find out if Erik liked him or not. See, Charles Xavier is a telepath. He can read and control people's minds. But he's too terrified to allow himself to even hear Erik's thoughts. 

Charles not hearing Erik's thoughts allows Xavier to not know that Erik is like him. A mutant. Erik has the ability to control metal. 

The small, brown haired teen named Charles Francis Xavier grabbed his own, large suitcase that had his sleeping bag tied to it. He found his pillow and joined Erik to wait for the other students to finish finding their stuff. 

There was a shout that came from Schmidt. "Every cabin has it's own councilor. The White House has me. Cabin 1 has Storm. Cabin 2 has Shadowcat. Cabin 3 has Frost. Cabin 4 has Pyro. Cabin 5 has Wolverine. Cabin 6 has Rouge. Cabin 7 has Banshee."

Great. Erik thought. I have the worst councilor. 

Meanwhile, Charles was close to having a mental breakdown. Wolverine! His cabin had to be paired with Wolverine! Oh god! Charles' face flushed. 

Erik was a tad bit jealous of how Charles blushed at the fact that his cabin was with Wolverine. Lehnsherr could tell right away that his friend had a crush on the man as soon as he walked on the bus. But at the same time, Erik had to admit that Charles was cute when he blushed. 

The students that went to the White House (the stupid building with the bedrooms) started to gather around Schmidt. 

Erik sighed. "Guess this is goodbye." 

Charles nodded. "I guess it is." 

"Goodbye, my friend." Erik was being over dramatic and Charles knew it. Yet, Charles loved it. 

"Goodbye, Erik." Charles said with a sigh and a smile.