Why did you try to kiss me? What is happening with us? We've been close for a long time now, you've always been my support and you never asked for anything in return... But why does it feel different now? What's this strong spark that insists to appear whenever you're near? Tell me, were you trying to just play around? You're making it hard for me, I don't know why I'm finding it hard to breathe with every touch, if you have touched me many times before.

I sighed in frustration and stopped the water from running, leaving the shower to dress up in my warm pajamas.

When I went back downstairs, Soobin and Yeonjun had already joined the rest. Their wet hair made me know that they had also taken showers and changed into sweatpants and sweaters. Taehyun was nowhere to be seen, which made me think he was washing up.

"Hyuka, please help me up with dinner!" I heard Kai's mother say from the kitchen. Hueningkai whined silently as soon as his friends started the teasing, but he quickly stood up and walked to the kitchen. "Haven't you taken a shower yet?" She asked him, frowning.

"I was about to" He responded, scratching the back of his neck.

I giggled, entering the kitchen. The two of them turned their heads in my direction, a soft smile appeared on her face.

"I'll help, Mrs." 

I pushed up the sleeves of my pajamas and stood beside her, in front of the counter.

Hueningkai grinned victoriously.

"Thank you, Haneul" She smiled, before her smile vanished as she looked back at Kai "Go wash yourself, you stink" She said, smacking him on the back of his head. 

Kai yelped, making me chuckle.

"Coming" he muttered, rubbing his head and exiting the kitchen.

"This kid... Whenever he is with his friends he just forgets about responsibilities" She mumbled, chopping some vegetables.

"He's a good kid" I smiled. She nodded and smiled back, handing me the knife and the vegetables so I could chop them for her.

"He is. A lovely, talented kid. A bit messy, but still good" She chuckled, cooking some noodles with her back facing me.

"They've been nothing but nice to me" I confessed, my eyes glued to the work I was doing.

"I'm glad to hear that. I didn't know about everything you've been through. I'm sorry dear, you're still so young" 

I could feel her sympathethic stare all over me. I glanced at her quickly and smiled.

"Thank you. It's been hard, but I'm getting better... Slowly"

She nodded. Silent filled the place for a few seconds, before she spoke again.

"If Hyuka hadn't told me about it, I would've thought Yeonjun and you were dating"

My heart suddenly felt like stopping beating. I swallowed hard and let out a nervous chuckle.

"W-Why?"

"Oh, I don't know. You guys seem really close, and there's a lot of adoration between glances" She explained, shrugging "I guess it's just my head. You would be a cute couple, though" She added, winking at me.

My heart started racing. What was she saying?

Adoration between glances? Is she suggesting that he stares at me lovingly? Or that I do look at him with adoration? That's crazy. She must be hallucinating.

I let out another nervous chuckle. I was being too dumb.

"Hehe no. We're just really good friends. He was my boyfriend's best friend... So he's been with me during the whole proccess" I explained, biting my lip nervously and not daring to look at her.