Twenty Four

Haneul's POV:

The sky was clouded that evening. Thunders could be heard all over the place and the wind was colder than ever, chilling us to the bone. The six of us rushed back up to go home, slight clouds of fog leaving our mouths whenever we spoke or laughed. Some of us tucked our hands in our pockets, others covered their hands with mittens in a failed try to keep ourselves warm, until Kai finally reached the door and opened it for us to get inside.

"Home, sweet home!" Kai exclaimed and kicked off his shoes as soon as we entered the house.

The warm atmosphere greeted us and I instantly smiled, feeling my previously stiffened body start to relax in comfort.

One by one, we took our coats and shoes off. Yeonjun closed the door behind him as I rushed to the living room, plopping on the couch next to Taehyun who was already sitting there.

"Ugh my legs are killing me" I whined, moving to lay on my back and placing my arm on my face.

"But it was fun, wasn't it?" Beomgyu said. I moved my arm away from my face and looked up at him. He was leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed over his chest, a small smirk plastered on his lips.

"It was" I admitted, smiling back at him "But I'm so exhausted. We spent the whole day downtown" 

"I'm not that tired, though" Taehyun shrugged. I looked up to him and frowned.

"That's because you guys appeared like an hour after Yeonjun and I got there"

"You could've just waited for us" Kai said, poking his head from the door "But seems like you wanted to be alone" He added with a teasing smirk plastered on his face.

I sat up, staring at him as I lifted a brow.

"What are you suggesting?"

He shrugged, lifting his hands in the air. I huffed, grabbing a cushion and throwing it at him. It landed on his face, causing Beomgyu, Taehyun and I to burst into laughter.

"Hey, this is domestic violence!" He exclaimed, leaning down to pick the cushion up and try to throw it back at me. However, Kai's mom appeared from behind and snatched it out of his hands.

"What have I told you, Hyuka? No messing up with the decorations" She said, placing the cushion back in place and going back to the kitchen.

We tried our best to hold back our laughter, but it became harder when we saw his expression full of disbelief.

"But mom! I was-" He started, turning his head to look at his mom who just kept walking "Nevermind" He added, huffing.

"Alright boys, I'll go take a shower" I said as I stood up. Beomgyu nodded and sat right on the spot I had just left next to Taehyun, who was now going through the channels trying to find a movie to watch.

I smiled at Kai, who glared at me with his arms crossed over his chest. I giggled, standing on my tiptoes and ruffling his hair before I went upstairs.

I heard Soobin and Yeonjun's voices coming from one of the bedrooms. I hadn't even noticed the moment they went upstairs, cause they didn't even say a word.

I felt curiosity, but decided to shake it off and grab some clean clothes before I locked myself in the bathroom.

As the warm watter ran down my body, I couldn't stop my mind from spinning around.

What had happened hours before, that was still on my mind. I tried to pretend, to not show any kind of emotions, but the truth was that I didn't know how to feel.