XXII. An intervention

"Did you get the memo Ava? I'm so excited!", said Phoebe in the middle of little hops of joy.

"What?", Ava's voice came from behind two stacks of papers on her desk.

"Girl, spring's end party is next week!"

"Spring's end?"

"Yes, hun. Just before the start of summer. You know we have it every year It's like a tradition to keep the coworkers motivated, excited about something! You have to admit, if it wasn't for those parties, working at this company would be hell. With the pay we get? Uh! No wonder you're seeing the shrink. I should go there too."

"So, I suppose the clothes you are hiding in that black bag are the suit for your boss."

"Not sure", Phoebe pointed with her nose to the bag, wondering. "I checked the size, I'm quite certain it's not for my boss. The guy that fits in these pants and shirt must be quite decent."

Ava smiled.

"What's decent for you?"

"You know, hun. Tall, well defined, with a nice big..", Phoebe drew in the air a masculine form making clear what kind would please her.

"So, you better hurry up and find out who is this prince charming!", said Ava, giggling like a schoolgirl.

"Are you giggling?", Phoebe was almost shocked. "Finally, those therapy sessions are showing some results. Now I really think I should go there too, the man is a miracle worker!"

"Why would you? You're about to meet your prince charming", your life couldn't be more exciting at the moment."

"Oh! This Ava makes jokes too! Who are you, hun? I'm loving it."

Ava smiled.

"Check the bag, maybe there's a name on it."

"Do you really think I already didn't do it? It's me, hun."

"And nothing?"

"Nothing. I'm supposed to leave it in the board meeting room."

"That's weird. Why there? The schedule for that room is free for this afternoon."

"That's what I thought."

"A secret meeting, maybe?"

"A secret meeting, Ava? What are you suggesting? Are we selling the company or something?"

"Or maybe they are just making plans for the party, and that black bag is part of those plans."

"Do you think the prince charming might be there? I was told to deliver it before 5p.m., but I am so curious, I'm going to be a bad girl and deliver it just a bit late. I want to see him.

Ava smiled.

"While I wait, do you care to explain why are so many papers on your desk?"

"This month's report. I want to make sure it's perfect, I'm going after that promotion."

"Oh, I forgot you were that driven and competitive too. So, honey, it's my time to go.", said Phoebe, watching the clock. Tick over to 5:05 p.m.

"Many kisses, dear! You better get a dress ready!"

Ava waved as an answer.

"Getting a dress", she thought like was a trivial thing. Then she looked at the company's calendar and saw it was in two days. "It's just a dress, no big deal!"