Chapter 22

Jungkook's P.O.V.

My eyes shot open as I jolt up from my sleep. I was breathing heavily. I wipe the sweat off of my forehead and look around my room in hope that it wasn't a dream.

"Lisa..."

Her name unconsciously leaves my lips, as I desperately look around every corner of my room hoping she would appear out of nowhere but then reality hits and I remember the mistake that I have done.

I take a deep breath and get my shit together. Running a hand through my hair, when suddenly a thought ran across my head.

I rushed towards the bathroom to get ready.

I hope she's there.

___________________________________

I'm standing outside her house, hoping she's in there.

I gain all of my courage and ring the bell.

No response.

I again ring the bell and still got no response. I banged my fist against her door but still got no response.

Where the hell did she leave?

Now I'm scared and worried about her.

What if something happened to her?

I frantically pull out my phone from my pocket and dial her number.

"Pick up, pick, up, please pick up!"

No response.

In frustration, I kick the door and run my hand through my hair and grab them.

I decide to send her a text to let her know that I'm worried about her, maybe she might respond.

I was about to put my phone back when suddenly it rang. At the speed of light, I picked it up.

"Hello, Lisa? Where are you?! Are you okay?! I'm worried sick about you! You just left without telling me!" I couldn't help but rant out my frustration.

There was a moment of silence and every second of it was killing me.

"Please say something," I say quietly, a voice full of desperation.

At least let me hear your voice.

"Jungkook," that's the first that left her mouth and it was enough to set my heart in a frenzy.

"I'm okay." She pauses for a bit then continues, "I'm with my parents."

My heart sinks at her answer, "B-But don't they live out of the city?"

"Yeah, they do."

She left because of me.

"I'm sorry, you didn't have to leave–"

"I missed my parents and I wanted some time alone, so that's why I left."

I kept quiet, knowing full well I'm the reason behind all of this.

"When can I see you again?" I ask because I wanna correct my mistakes, make up for every mistake I've done and win her heart again.

"I don't even know myself..."

"Are you—Are you planning to come back?" I hold my phone tighter, anticipating her answer. My heart beating fast in nervousness.

Please say yes, please say yes!

"I'm still thinking about it." There's uncertainty in her voice and it was enough to break my heart.

What have I done?

"Okay, take care of yourself." I don't wanna end this call but I also want to give her space.

"I will." There was a bit of coldness in her tune and the fact that she didn't reciprocate my words made me realize how much I fucked up.

"By–" before I could even bid goodbye, she cut the call and I was left hanging.

I gulp down the huge lump in my throat.

Fuck.

How the hell did I end up in a situation like this?

___________________________________

Lisa's P.O.V.

I sleepily walk down the stairs while rubbing my eyes. The delicious smell of the breakfast fills my nostrils which instantly put a smile on my face.

I walk towards the kitchen and saw my dad cooking.

"Morning, dad." I walk up to him and hug his side.

"Morning, dear." He wraps his arm around me and kisses my head. I pull away then sat on the stool near the counter.

Soon my mom came and greeted me with a kiss on the cheek and I did the same then she walks towards dad and they shared a peck.

She started helping dad with the breakfast. It warms my heart how their love is still as fresh as it was from the start.

I wish one day I will share that kind of love too.

Suddenly, Jungkook crosses my mind. His smile, his eyes, those soft lips that I've tasted. His whole existence. All of him was enough to increase the pace of my heart.

It's been a week since we talked on the phone and no one knows how hard it was for me, just hearing his voice made me want to cry because of how much I missed him. He also sounded so timid and weak that it broke my heart.

I shake my head and take a deep breath.

I'm here to forget everything about him and enjoy the time with my parents.

But it's not as easy as it looks.

Suddenly, the bell ring which brings me back from my reverie.

My mom speaks with a frown of confusion on her face, "Who is it this early morning?"

I stand up, "I'll check who it is."

I walk towards the door and open it mindlessly but the person in front of me made me freeze in my place. My eyes widen and my mouth parts in shock as his name escapes my lips breathlessly.

"Jungkook..."

___________________________________

Hello guys, how have you all been?

I hope you're all doing good. 😊

I'm sorry, this story just keeps getting boring. I'm sorry you guys have to deal with that.

What do you guys think about this chapter?

Thanks for reading.