Eclipse/Andrews: I'm Here, Little Ones!

Andrews' POV:

"So, we've found the Dark Arms--why not send all of Team Dark and forget Spider Troupe?" Andrews questioned, standing in front of Commander Tower's desk.

"There are some unforeseen circumstances," Tower replied, scanning and stamping paperwork even as he discussed the matter with the captain. "It's a good opportunity to test Eclipse's self-control in a solo situation, but I want some backup there in case things go south."

"Unforeseen circumstances?" Andrews asked warily, knowing all too well that those words carried bad news. The Commander waved off the inquiry, continuing his paperwork effortlessly.

"Wait until Eclipse gets here. I don't want to have to explain it twice," he responded, and Andrews nodded in acknowledgement, though whether his commander could see the movement he wasn't sure. After a few moments of remaining where he stood, Andrews moved to rest against the wall, waiting for the alien to arrive.

The newest member of Team Dark was sure taking long enough in gracing them with his presence, Andrews thought. Did arrogance come with Chaos abilities? Or was the alien simply goofing off?

After a few minutes, though, Eclipse popped through the door, seeming slightly damp and out of breath. Andrews raised an eyebrow, inwardly surprised--the alien looked like he'd hurried to get there.

"Sorry, Commander. I was at swimming practice," Eclipse apologized, and Commander Tower glanced up, mismatched eyes scanning the new agent.

"No harm done," he said after a momentary pause, setting aside the paperwork at last and clasping his hands on the desk. "In the future, skip the shower and come directly here."

"Yes, sir," Eclipse responded, suitably chastised. Andrews found himself impressed--the alien definitely listened a lot better than Shadow, and his deference to superiors was a nice change.

"Sit down. We're hoping to get through this quickly," the Commander continued, and Eclipse hastened to do so. Andrews glanced at Tower to see if he should follow, but the man didn't seem concerned about his position on the wall. "We've located the Dark Arms, and your goal for today is to retrieve them. However, they've been captured and are being held by a Chaos Creature of formidable ability. Finitevus is an echidna of Knuckles' strength--do you remember Knuckles?"

"I remember him," the alien answered, narrowing his eyes slightly.

"Good. Finitevus is a high-level threat to Mobius, so you will also be aiming to capture him. He's restrained the Dark Arms and seems to be intending to use them in some form of experimentation--"

"He what? I'll kill the bastard!" The alien exclaimed, leaping out of his seat with a snarl, and Captain Andrews raised his eyebrows as Eclipse's eyes flashed murderously.

"You will capture Finitevus, not kill him," Tower replied, unfazed as usual. Andrews couldn't help but marvel that he could respond so sternly to a pissed-off Chaos Creature, something all the more amazing because Tower, of all people, knew what these monsters could do.

"He wants to hurt my little ones!" Eclipse growled, tail lashing angrily, and the grizzled Commander held up a hand to pause the weapon's rant before it could begin.

"I'm aware of that. However, being allowed on this mission means that you will follow orders. We are capturing him alive, and, if you can't handle that, then you will stay here."

"I--but--he--they're my responsibility!" The alien sputtered, looking aghast. Leaning on the wall, Andrews suppressed an amused snort, seeing how the creation was wrestling with the ultimatum.