*- 43 - At least a yard apart at all times

Start from the beginning

"You forgot it in London. Mum sent it."

"Oh, I was wondering where that had gone", she said and put it away.

"We're really okay, right?" she asked and I could see in her eyes that she was scared. She held onto my hands and she wasn't planning on letting go before I gave her the answer she wanted and needed. Good thing that was also the answer I was going to give her.

"We're perfect, love", I said and kissed her again.

"Excuse me!" someone shrieked and we look up.

"Kissing in the hallways, are you mad? Boys and girls should be at least a yard apart at all times! You're still kids for Merlin's sake." Umbridge swished her wand and Y/N and I were pushed apart, at least a yard.

"This is a warning. Next time, there will be detention." The troll walked on and I shot daggers at her back. What a sick human being.

"Well, I guess we should head to class", Y/N said, blinking a couple of times. I guess. I waited until Umbridge had walked around the corner, took Y/N's hand and walked to McGonagall's class. Everything would be okay.

Classes seemed to go on for ages and even lunch seemed to last twice as long. I guess I was just a little nervous for Charms class. I didn't exactly know why I was nervous or what I expected to happen, but I wanted it to be over as soon as possible.

When the time rolled around that we did have to go, all of a sudden I felt the need to stall a little longer. Y/N noticed though, so after a bit I gave up and followed her into the classroom.

"Oi Y/N", Roger said as we walked in and I forced myself not to glare at him.

"Hi", she quickly said and followed me to the other side of the class. That was it? She barely even looked at him. I saw Y/N glance at me quickly before she took a seat. She was avoiding him because of me. I expected to feel happy about that, but all I felt was this odd feeling in my stomach. I wanted her to stop hanging out with him, I asked her that even, but now she did, I felt weird about it. Was I being too controlling?

I took a seat next to Y/N and saw Roger look at me suspiciously. He then looked at Y/N, but she avoided his gaze. I shook away the weird thoughts and tore my eyes from the Ravenclaw.

YOUR POV

I decided to pay a little less attention to Roger and see how Fred would react. It didn't feel right, so I was not going to keep it up for long, but I just wanted to know how Fred actually felt. If he would encourage it, there was still a problem. 

Flitwick welcomed us and started his class with a little revision. I always liked Charms. The feeling of getting a spell right for the first time was one of my favourites.

Luckily, Charms was the last class of the day, so because the weather outside was nice, we decided to hang around the lake a little, enjoying the last bits of summer.

"Y/N, wait up!" I turned around and saw Roger running up to me. My friend group stopped as well and I felt rather awkward.

"Cho and I are going to play some Quidditch in a bit, want to join?" he asked. I looked to the side where Fred stood, staring at Roger with narrow eyes. I debated on what to do. I wanted to go, but I also wanted to know that Fred wasn't going back to his grumpy behaviour because of it.

"Go ahead, have fun", Fred said suddenly. I looked up surprised to see a forced smile on his face. He wasn't angry, he was genuinely trying not to be an arse about this.

"Sure, I don't have a broom yet, though", I said and Roger seemed happy that I agreed. 

"You can borrow one from school, no worries", he shrugged. I turned back to Fred and gave him a quick kiss. 

"Thank you", I whispered, "I'll see you at supper, okay? I love you."

"I love you too", he said with a wink and then gave me a quick kiss again, looking up at Roger straight after to make sure he had seen it. I couldn't suppress the chuckle as I walked away. 

"He doesn't trust me very much, does he?" Roger said as we made our way to the Quidditch pitch, where Cho was waiting.

"Not really, but I don't think he trusts any bloke that isn't himself", I shrugged. "Maybe not even that." Roger laughed and then went into the Ravenclaw changing room to get me a broom while I caught up with Cho.

I knew how to fly, but that was about it. I had never played Quidditch before, nor had I done anything on a broom besides flying some basic laps on a field. I hadn't flown in almost a year, so I spent the first half hour getting used to the feeling again and finding my balance, passing a Quaffle back and forth while Roger explained the entire game to me. There would be a Quidditch game in a few weeks. Maybe I could actually understand what was happening this time.

Then we took turns playing the Keeper position, having the others try and score. My time in front of the hoops was very short-lived though, as Roger's powerful and precise aim as a trained Chaser scared the living hell out of me. I didn't score much, but I did have a lot of fun.

Maybe I could do this with Fred sometime. Part of me was a little sad that he hadn't been the one to teach me how to play, but I was grateful for these new friends. 

And I was very grateful that Fred still seemed to be okay with it when I met up with them again at supper. He looked a little nervous, as if he was on high-alert, but he wasn't annoyed or angry.

"How was it?" he asked before I had the chance to sit down. I debated for a second to mess with him for a bit, but I knew that he had probably been a little anxious about it all afternoon, so I decided against it.

"It was really fun. We should do that too, sometime. I'm pretty sure I can beat you easily", I joked. I noticed how his shoulders relaxed and I felt his hand snake around my waist. 

"In your dreams, Homeschooled", he chuckled, pressing his lips against my cheek.

"Nah-ah, at least a yard apart", I said and pulled away with a smirk, earning an indignant look from Fred. 

"That pink toad can sod off", he huffed and pulled me to his side, a smiled on his lips. I loved him. I genuinly loved him.