"Sorry Tobes, I won't let it happen again" I salute making everyone at the table grin.

The teacher chooses now to walk in the class and I take a moment to look at my outfit while she marks the roll.

I wasn't wearing anything special, just some black skinny jeans with rips in their knees and a tight-ish grey shirt tucked in. My hair was out naturally and I had put some simple mascara and lipgloss on.

"So I need everyone's attention because I have some exciting news," Miss says with a huge smile on her face, this gains the curious attention of the whole class, she smiles at the interest before continuing.

"As I mentioned earlier I have a field trip planned and this morning it got finalized, I was going to wait a little bit before introducing the idea but I couldn't wait" Miss Wilson begins again but gets interrupted by the excited whispers of everyone.

"Guys I need your attention if you want any actual information on the field trip" she laughs warmly, once again gaining the attention of the whole class.

"We will be going camping for a few nights to Green Island where we will get the opportunity to go snorkeling in various spots and experience marine biology first hand." Miss Wilson enthuses, everyone once again begins whispering excitedly.

"Fuck yes!!"Toby yells loudly making the whole class laugh including our teacher.

"This is going to be so exciting!!" Charlie enthuses, a huge grin on her face that I am no doubt mirroring.

"A whole week with me Collins, how lucky are you?" Aiden smirks from beside me; "Maybe we can share a tent."

"Wouldn't you love that Black" I grin back, the excitement making my confidence grow immensely.

"Oh I would babe" he winks back making me laugh.

"So permission slips will be handed out in the next few weeks or so along with all the extra information," Miss Wilson interrupts the chatter before starting her lesson about how global warming is affecting our reefs.

***

Classes go by extremely quickly after hearing about our field trip, I think I, along with every other Bio student and Pearlacre high were still on a high after the news. Luke and I were just arriving back at my place after dropping Charlie home and I was extremely excited to finally get some answers to all my questions. I loved Luke, and one of the reasons we had become so close so quickly is because neither of us could keep secrets from the other easily. That was another reason I had been so surprised that I had never been told about him competing at the tracks.

I would never say anything but I was even a little hurt that I had to find out from my best friend's obvious frenemy about his extra-curricular activities.

Tonight my mom and Robert were hanging out with Aiden's mom again, they were going for dinner and a movie and notified us that they may be home late, Robert had left some money on the counter to order in whatever we felt like. Although Elijah loved Luke, he had always thought he was just a little boring, but that never stopped the boys from hanging out together or Elijah hanging with Luke and I.

"Where's Elijah today?" Luke asks as soon as we get in and he notices the absence of my younger shadow.

"He is spending the night at his new friend's house, mom and Robert are getting him on their way home late tonight," I smile, Elijah had always been that freak kid at his old school because he had lost his sister and his dad had disowned him, so to see him with an actual friend made my heart warm in so many ways.

"That's so good" Luke smiles, being aware of Elijah's previous status. I smile at him in acknowledge.

"Let's go swimming" I smile excitedly thinking of the hot day.