2X09: Katerina- Part 3

Start from the beginning

"I have no reason to lie, you two," Katherine sighs as she flips through the pages, "I have no reason to do anything but sit here and read and rot," She trails off.

"It's true," I sigh, "She's not lying. For once."

"Ok, assuming it's even partially true, that's the reason why you came back, isn't it? Because you wanted to the one to hand us over to Klaus. You knew you'd get her to come back too," Elena states, looking over to me.

Hmm, wow, the bitch is so good at what she does, I have to give her that. I almost applaud her.

"You're right about Mystal. Mm, 500 years on the run, I figured maybe he'd be willing to strike a deal," Her voice stains as she stands up.

"So you got Mason Lockwood to find you the moonstone," Elena starts to go down the list.

"Right again," Katherine nods, looking almost impressed.

"What else is needed to break the curse?" Elena assumes there is more.

"'Mmm. Look who's getting smarter," Katherine smirks at me.

"It's not just me or the stone, is it?" Elena starts to pace. "Otherwise, there would be no reason to trigger Tyler Lockwood's werewolf curse," Elena thinks out loud

"Witches and their spells- so many ingredients, so many people to sacrifice," Katherine gives her playful tone.

"So you need a werewolf," Elena concludes.

"Believe it or not, they're hard to come by," Katherine exasperates.

"What else?" Elena asks.

"Of course there's more," I sigh and throw my head back against the rock. I wonder if I hit hard enough I could just knock myself right out of this conversation.

"A witch to do the spell," Katherine is much more giving mood now, "Mine bailed," She rolls her eyes, "But little Bonnie'll do just fine," She assures.

"What else," Elena demands.

"Vampire."

Elena looks shocked at this one, "Caroline."

"Ahh, she was a newbie, well, still is, when I rolled into town," I think out loud.

"Could've been anyone, I suppose," Katherine ponders. My eyes go big for sec, "Not you," Katherine snaps in a 'duh' tone, "You're for something else. "I like the poetry of Caroline."

"So you were gonna just hand us all over to be killed? And whatever she is for?" Elena shrugs at me not really knowing my specific purpose. I throw my hands up.

Katherine inhales, "Better you die than I," She smirks and walks off back into the cave.

Elena just stands there at a loss for words. At least now, thankfully, none of this will happen.

~~~

In Richmond-3rd Person POV
Elijah has been listening in on Damon, Rose, and Slater's back and forth for a while now while tosses the coins he replaced in a mans guitar case with a much bigger bill. He rest them in hand for a moment, then swings back and throws them at the glass windows of the Cafe that Damon, Rose, And Slater are in. The glass shatters right away causing all the unprotected vampires to start burning from the sun, so basically everyone except Damon. Elijah takes a moment to admire his work before speeding off just before Damon can raise up to look for the perpetrator.