twenty three

Okay, I understand. A announcing that Blake and Cassie were now together, like that, wasn't exactly kind to do. So let me catch you up.

   "Do you think that maybe one day we won't be friends anymore?" Cassie asks Blake, who's sitting across from her.

   The two had found a cafe not far from where their bus stopped to get fuel. It was a small hole in the wall, but it had some delicious coffee and pastries.

   "Why would you think that?" Blake asks, cutting their shared pastry in half.

   "I don't know. When your career really kicks off, you might not have time for me anymore," Cassie takes her half of her pastry, Blake frowning when she didn't notice.

   "Maybe not physically have time, but when I'm home, I always will; and you can always come with us."

   "I know you say that now, but I guess I'm just scared that we'll somehow lose what we have and just lose touch," Cassie felt silly asking. Blake was obviously going to say she was wrong, that he'd never leave her behind. That's what he always said.

   "You're worried I'll leave you behind?" Blake asks unsurely, Cassie nodding shyly. "Cass," Blake chuckles, "Cass, I wouldn't have a career if I didn't have you in my life. I'd never move on with that and leave you behind. The same way I wouldn't live my life without the person who brought me into this world."

   "I know, I'm just worried our friendship will weaken," Cassie sighs, brushing her hair from her face as Blake reaches across the table to take her hand.

   "Pinkie, the only way our friendship will ever change, is it we ever become more than just friends," Blake gathers the courage to voice how he really feels. It felt like it was the end of the world, but really it was only the beginning.

"But how will we know if that'll ever happen? We kiss each other but we can't even admit we like each other. Obviously we do," Cassie softly chuckles, feeling embarrassed by her own words.

"Cassie, ever since I've met you, my heart has stopped whenever you'd say my name. I always hoped we would become more than just friends," Blake sighs, feeling relieved. Cassie doesn't know what to say, smiling as she blushed.

"So are you my boyfriend now?" Cassie mutters, resting her chin in her hand as she props her arm on the table.

"If you'll let me," Blake smiles widely, laughing as Cassie walks over to him, sitting on his lap.

"I always knew you liked me," Cassie smiles widely, wrapping her arms around Blake's neck.

"Yeah right," Blake leans in to kiss her, Cassie happily kissing her back.

That's how Blake and Cassie finally, officially, became a couple.